Stevan Jovetic (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. It's been mentioned several times, but ideal pairings are 1 of Aguero/Jovetic AND Negredo/Dzeko. Not Aguero/Jovetic, and not Negredo/Dzeko. Jovetic's style is too similar to Aguero's.

2. He is still looking for his place, on several occasion he almost bumped into his team mates.

Other than that, if he stays healthy, it's all going to be good.

Looked ace again, has to start beside Negredo on Sat at Norwich.

refreshing to see a player capable of dribbling past players, adds a whole new dimension to our attack. As long as he can do the passing game as well, which he seems to be able to

LJ75 said:
1. It's been mentioned several times, but ideal pairings are 1 of Aguero/Jovetic AND Negredo/Dzeko. Not Aguero/Jovetic, and not Negredo/Dzeko. Jovetic's style is too similar to Aguero's.

2. He is still looking for his place, on several occasion he almost bumped into his team mates.

Don't see any reason why it wouldn't be Aguero and Jovetic. In fact, given time, I suspect we will see them play together a lot.

got to start with negredo on sat, looks a real player

and will only get better with games too, front 3 of silva, aguero and jovetic is unreal

sh249 said:
LJ75 said:

Don't see any reason why it wouldn't be Aguero and Jovetic. In fact, given time, I suspect we will see them play together a lot.

Completely disagree. Tevez and Aguero worked at times, but not for long-term. Neither will Aguero-Jovetic. Didn't you notice that Jovetic is most effective when he has the ball in his feet? On several occasions versus Chelsea, he went back to 30-40 yards and basically asked teammates to give him the ball. Then, he took it forward himself. Aguero is similar in that he also like the ball in his feet. In Negredo or Dzeko you have a perfect compliment to that.

Now, if you play Jovetic on the left wing and then play Aguero and Negredo (or Aguero and Dzeko) upfront, then you have a super deadly lineup. Really, for me, Jovetic is more similar to Nasri than he is to any of our offensive players.

forevermancity said:
got to start with negredo on sat, looks a real player

and will only get better with games too, front 3 of silva, aguero and jovetic is unreal

I would certainly start Jojo on Saturday. He had more than half-an-hour last night and nearly 50 minutes against Watford.

Even if he only plays for an hour, I feel he should play for longer to help build up his match fitness.

If the Beast is not fit enough, Jimmy can take over in a change of formation, obviously.

Completely disagree. Tevez and Aguero worked at times, but not for long-term. Neither will Aguero-Jovetic. Didn't you notice that Jovetic is most effective when he has the ball in his feet? On several occasions versus Chelsea, he went back to 30-40 yards and basically asked teammates to give him the ball. Then, he took it forward himself. Aguero is similar in that he also like the ball in his feet. In Negredo or Dzeko you have a perfect compliment to that.

Now, if you play Jovetic on the left wing and then play Aguero and Negredo (or Aguero and Dzeko) upfront, then you have a super deadly lineup. Really, for me, Jovetic is more similar to Nasri than he is to any of our offensive players.[/quote]

Memory is playing tricks on either you or me mate - my recollection of Tevez and Aguero being together is that it was by - some distance - the best combination we had a year or 2 back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.