Stevan Jovetic (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jovetic to start v Norwich, I hope.

I expect Dzeko to play from the start as Negredo was not fit v Chelsea and further rest may help him. We do have big games coming up.

Ever since Jovetic played against wigan, I was thoroughly impressed with his performance; the skills, the power of moving forward, the awareness of players around, the execution of his shot into the back of the net! The kid seems great, and I'm positive he'll have a great future with us! Just hope he starts against Norwich and gets to prove he's worthy (:

rachaelmcfc said:
Ever since Jovetic played against wigan, I was thoroughly impressed with his performance; the skills, the power of moving forward, the awareness of players around, the execution of his shot into the back of the net! The kid seems great, and I'm positive he'll have a great future with us! Just hope he starts against Norwich and gets to prove he's worthy (:

He certainly needs to step up the amount of game-time he's playing.

He had just over 30 minutes on Monday and around 50 minutes against Watford and the only way he is going to play for longer is by starting games.

Even if he only plays an hour and Beast isn't fit enough, we have options. If we're comfortably ahead, Lopes could replace him.

And if the game is still tight, Jimmy can come on, though, of course, this would mean a change of formation.

With Agüero still out, we need Jojo to pick up the slack and finally show us what he can do.<br /><br />-- 05 Feb 2014, 18:32 --<br /><br />
rachaelmcfc said:

He had just over 30 minutes on Monday and around 50 minutes against Watford and the only way he is going to play for longer is by starting games.

Even if he only plays an hour and Beast isn't fit enough, we have options. If we're comfortably ahead, Lopes could replace him.

And if the game is still tight, Jimmy can come on, though, of course, this would mean a change of formation.

With Agüero still out, we need Jojo to pick up the slack and finally show us what he can do.

Vienna_70 said:
rachaelmcfc said:

With Agüero still out, we need Jojo to pick up the slack and finally show us what he can do.

-- 05 Feb 2014, 18:32 --

rachaelmcfc said:

Those 30 minutes he played were more influential than some players....Dzeko and Negredo, not having ago at them there, but say Jovetic had played the full match we may have got some form of result!
But hey ho, with the injuries we have, obviously the Aguero situation isn't great for us but it will allow Jovetic to get extra time out on the pitch, and hopefully a full match, boost his confidence and win our trust, which I think he can do!

rachaelmcfc said:

LJ75 said:
1. It's been mentioned several times, but ideal pairings are 1 of Aguero/Jovetic AND Negredo/Dzeko. Not Aguero/Jovetic, and not Negredo/Dzeko. Jovetic's style is too similar to Aguero's.

2. He is still looking for his place, on several occasion he almost bumped into his team mates.

Other than that, if he stays healthy, it's all going to be good.

Bollocks.

I remember the Tevez and Aguero partnership working superbly and they were very similar.

Vienna_70 said:
rachaelmcfc said:

He certainly needs to step up the amount of game-time he's playing..

He was injured for 6 months. He can't play 90 minutes just yet.

silvasleftleg said:
Vienna_70 said:
rachaelmcfc said:

Yes I know he was.

But he's managed around 50 minutes and more than 30 minutes in the last two games.

I'm sure he could play for an hour.

Hope we get to see this at some point:

________________Hart
Zabaleta_Kompany_Demichelis_Kolarov

__________Yaya___Fernandinho

_____Silva___________________Nasri

_______________Jovetic
_______________Aguero

Vienna_70 said:
silvasleftleg said:
Vienna_70 said:

Yes I know he was.

But he's managed around 50 minutes and more than 30 minutes in the last two games.

I'm sure he could play for an hour.
I agree. He's played a decent amount off the bench in the games against west ham, watford, spurs and chelsea, I think he's ready to start a game now and play at least 60-70 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.