Stevan Jovetic (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Stevan Jovetic

I really believe that this is the end of Stevans troubles. The transfer window we had last summer was incredible. The other 3 big signings we made have all proven to be the signings of the season... Stevan was touted as the best of the lot, i'm very excited to see what he can do now he is fit and ready to go. his return just as Nasri is ruled out with a nasty injury is perfect for us.

BlakeTheBlue said:
I really believe that this is the end of Stevans troubles. The transfer window we had last summer was incredible. The other 3 big signings we made have all proven to be the signings of the season... Stevan was touted as the best of the lot, i'm very excited to see what he can do now he is fit and ready to go. his return just as Nasri is ruled out with a nasty injury is perfect for us.

Bang on that mate, thats how I feel about all this. Fingers crossed it works out.
Lets get behind the lad and welcome him with open arms.

It's going to take time for him to get up to speed of course. Not just match fitness and sharpness, although that's clearly going to be a factor. But much more important is to develop an understanding between him and his colleagues, so he knows what runs the other strikers will make and likewise Silva and Co can find him. Its about the other players getting used to Jovetic as much as the other way around. So no doubt there will be some missed passed, missed opportunities and groans from the crowd. I just hope we give him time - he's had a terrible start to life in the UK and can't have been enjoying it much at all.

Best of luck, Stevan!

Stevan Jovetic

He needs to play a full game none of this Ho do 30minutes bollox, the only way to get match fit is to do the time on the pitch .

Hopefully he can get a half tonight and a bit more on Saturday.

We need him now Nasri is out and this is the perfect opportunity for him to get back to fitness in the next two games

mancunial said:
He needs to play a full game none of this Ho do 30minutes bollox, the only way to get match fit is to do the time on the pitch .
So we should have started Kun against Blackburn, should we?
30 tonight, all being well start vs Watford with the hook ready after 60-70 if/when he tires then take it from there.

Deepest Blue said:
mancunial said:
So we should have started Kun against Blackburn, should we?
30 tonight, all being well start vs Watford with the hook ready after 60-70 if/when he tires then take it from there.

I agree. He's been out for so long he needs to be phased in gradually. however, i would start him tonight, give him 60 mins and hopefully another 60 on the weekend... Perhaps even the full 90 if he looks like he's up to it.

Jovetic is unlike any other player we have. He would be able to play with any of our other forwards and can be utilised in a variety of positions. He is the kind of player that will be able to score or provide. Negredo this season has shown glimpses but will always rather score than drop deeper and create. Similarly with Aguero. Jovetic is happy to play in the hole behind the strikers in a way Silva or Yaya would and create space and hold the ball up or score. Similarly to the way Rooney does for the rags. If he can stay fit and get a run of games he will be a fantastic asset to our squad. Fingers crossed. He is the signing that I, like many, were most excited for - which says a lot about his potential but also how fantastic Negredo, Navas and Fernandino have been so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.