Stevan Jovetic (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Stevan Jovetic

Hope he gets game time tonight and stays uninjured.

When we signed him I thought this lad is the one to move us on that little bit more, I didn't think it would be in the Medical department.

I wish the lad the very best of luck when he does get a chance to make an appearance. Other than that I will reserve judgement as I would have no wish to burden him with anymore pressure, that has already been done on this forum.

Understandably there has been considerable frustration among blues that we haven't had more than a glimpse of this lad since he arrived, but I bet it's nothing to the frustration he feels. In the summer we paid a lot of money for him, and presumably that's because Txiki, Pellers and whoever believed he really will "give City an extra dimension". He arrived in the same window as a group of players who have certainly done a great deal more than it said on the label, so there's reason for real optimism about what this lad can do. He can't be fully match fit and will play half a game at most, but let's hope it's the start of a great career with City in which the trophies just keep on rolling in.

BluessinceHydeRoad said:
Understandably there has been considerable frustration among blues that we haven't had more than a glimpse of this lad since he arrived, but I bet it's nothing to the frustration he feels. In the summer we paid a lot of money for him, and presumably that's because Txiki, Pellers and whoever believed he really will "give City an extra dimension". He arrived in the same window as a group of players who have certainly done a great deal more than it said on the label, so there's reason for real optimism about what this lad can do. He can't be fully match fit and will play half a game at most, but let's hope it's the start of a great career with City in which the trophies just keep on rolling in.
This is something I really believe as well, he's a fantastic playmaker and dribbler with a good football brain and while he has more of a reputation as a creator than a goalscorer, he's still capable of 15+ or 20+ goals a season.

we might as well all convince ourselves and pretend that he's our first January signing, after all he's only had 1 good game and that was in our first league cup game

Welcome to Manchester Stevan!

bluebrickroad said:
I wish the lad the very best of luck when he does get a chance to make an appearance. Other than that I will reserve judgement as I would have no wish to burden him with anymore pressure, that has already been done on this forum.
That's true. The criticism has gone way too far.

mansour's tow ropes said:
we might as well all convince ourselves and pretend that he's our first January signing, after all he's only had 1 good game and that was in our first league cup game

Welcome to Manchester Stevan!

With the added advantage, despite absent for training, that he's been with the squad for 6 months. So hopefully he'll be on the team's wavelength from the outset.

Pellegrini will use Jovetic in a variety of positions.

Pellegrini:“Stevan can play as a forward or a midfielder. "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.