Stevan Jovetic (continued)

Negredo so bad its unreal, Dzeko scoring a couple here and there but all round play not brilliant, Aguero clearly not sharp today. I would have had Jovetic on the bench, unless MP thinks he's not all that (or he's injured).

With none of the strikers currently doing enough to earn their place, I'd be tempted to just start him on Wednesday, because we need to see what he's about. He cost 23m so he must be good enough to start at home to Sunderland.

I would agree with all that, BB, but what Jovetic needs most is an extended run in the side and, even when fully fit, won't be given it if Pellegrini continues to see him as fourth striker. Sadly, he will continue to be a peripheral figure at the club despite his talent.

mansour's tow ropes said:
Negredo so bad its unreal, Dzeko scoring a couple here and there but all round play not brilliant, Aguero clearly not sharp today. I would have had Jovetic on the bench, unless MP thinks he's not all that (or he's injured).

With none of the strikers currently doing enough to earn their place, I'd be tempted to just start him on Wednesday, because we need to see what he's about. He cost 23m so he must be good enough to start at home to Sunderland.

Exactly, although he doesn't really look like the lone striker type, looks as if he'd play better playing off a no.9, as he drops deep for the ball. He offers us something different though, for all the dillydallying around the box we do sometimes which goes nowhere, he's very direct compared to what else we've got.

I was really surprised to see that he wasn't on the bench - there was no mention of being injured and to be honest I couldn't make sense of it at all. Negredo can't hit a barn door with a banjo at the moment and Aguero was only ever going to come on for a limited number of minutes. With Dzeko's inconsistencies he was the logical man to have on the bench - especially when we were chasing the game. If he can't make the bench when he's fit something is wrong there.

Nasri looked tired and could barely run after 70 minutes, Jovetic would have been a better replacement. That substitution would have introduced fresh legs as well as ideas into the game. We were atrocious yesterday and i am not too sure of pellegrini's tactics.

magiccue01 said:
Nasri looked tired and could barely run after 70 minutes, Jovetic would have been a better replacement. That substitution would have introduced fresh legs as well as ideas into the game. We were atrocious yesterday and i am not too sure of pellegrini's tactics.

You either aren't a City fan, or you didn't watch the game

Atrocious for the first 30 mins, but we controlled the game after that.

I hate it when people are accused of being rags etc, but that is a ludicrous comment.

Getting increasingly worried for this lad

Granted he hasn't been fit for the majority of the season, but even when he is fit it seems he isn't trusted

Looks like a decision needs to made on him in the summer, if he is going to be part of the squad next season then he needs to be in and around the starting 11 every week. There is no doubt that he has the ability and for me he looks a better option to Nasri and he seems to play without fear

Hopefully a good pre season will see him start next season looking sharp

Am sure the choice between Negredo/Jovetic was the the toughest one Pelle had when naming the squad.
Jovetic in form, likely to score but prone to breakdowns .
Negredo proven scorer at top level but in a slump. That slump will end and he will return to being the Beast that scored for fun in the first half of the season.
Negredo needs to get back on track soon to cement his place in the Spanish squad and may well have made a good impression had heard been introduced but early Yaya injury and losing control of the midfield put an end to that.

[magiccue01 wrote:

I hate it when people are accused of being rags etc, but that is a ludicrous comment.]

Don't be silly. I am a city fan through and through. Go watch the game again and you will find out that most of liverpools dangerous attack came from the left side where Nasri and Clichy are suppossed to be our stop gap. Nasri is a good football player but goes missing in big games, especially pacy games because he lacks the pace to track back most of the time. Silva would have been a better option on the left with jovetic playing behind Dzeko. Granted that silva does not have pace but darn it the guy is willing to run and is very intelligent with his positioning. At the end of the day, its just my opinion.

magiccue01 said:
[magiccue01 wrote:

I hate it when people are accused of being rags etc, but that is a ludicrous comment.]

Don't be silly. I am a city fan through and through. Go watch the game again and you will find out that most of liverpools dangerous attack came from the left side where Nasri and Clichy are suppossed to be our stop gap. Nasri is a good football player but goes missing in big games, especially pacy games because he lacks the pace to track back most of the time. Silva would have been a better option on the left with jovetic playing behind Dzeko. Granted that silva does not have pace but darn it the guy is willing to run and is very intelligent with his positioning. At the end of the day, its just my opinion.

Agreed 100%

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.