Stevan Jovetic (continued)

magiccue01 said:
[magiccue01 wrote:
Nasri looked tired and could barely run after 70 minutes, Jovetic would have been a better replacement. That substitution would have introduced fresh legs as well as ideas into the game. We were atrocious yesterday and i am not too sure of pellegrini's tactics.

You either aren't a City fan, or you didn't watch the game

Atrocious for the first 30 mins, but we controlled the game after that.

I hate it when people are accused of being rags etc, but that is a ludicrous comment.]

Don't be silly. I am a city fan through and through. Go watch the game again and you will find out that most of liverpools dangerous attack came from the left side where Nasri and Clichy are suppossed to be our stop gap. Nasri is a good football player but goes missing in big games, especially pacy games because he lacks the pace to track back most of the time. Silva would have been a better option on the left with jovetic playing behind Dzeko. Granted that silva does not have pace but darn it the guy is willing to run and is very intelligent with his positioning. At the end of the day, its just my opinion.

I agree, so many people blaming Kompany for the loss, but I think that Clichy had a big deal to it alongside with Joe Hart.
First goal, he's flying off Suarez even though in this position it's supposed to be the other way around. Kompany knows that it's impossible to catch up with sterling in body movement, so he does what he can do which is to put Sterling in a bad shooting position, to bad Joe decides not to stay in goal, which is pure football logic and what you are thought in those situations as a footballer. You can even see Zabba's reaction thinking WTF Joe?

Second goal Clichy is the first next to Skrtel which means he needs to really go up for it? If not then move and reposition and leave this position to Kompany or Dzeko?

Third goal Kompany, simply because no matter what, with his class he should be able to clear this. But it was again Clichy who put him in a bad position.
Everybody knows that when the other team is attacking you should never clear the ball to your penalty area or the middle of the pitch. So why does he go on that ball, risking all this, what if Kompany was not there? If you can clear it up the field or corner then go for it, if not then just leave it, this is football strategy.

I think that City fans are the best, and it's totally logical to vent frustrations, dont understand all these jibbers about

mancity61 said:
Given up on Jovetic. End of.

Well it was pretty hard to drop yet another player to get a striker on the bench against Liverpool, and both Negredo and Agüero deserved to be on the bench depending on the result on the day. It's not like he's out injured again.

Jovetic has the ability to be one of our star players, on the same level as Silva & Aguero.

He has been out injured far too long this season but is not usually so prone to picking up muscle injuries like he has this season.

I am hopeful he is over the worst of his problems and can now focus on getting a full pre-season with our squad and contribute fully next year.

Its a shame he has been out so long as a fully fit Jovetic in our squad could have given us a few more points and eased the burden on Aguero reducing his own injury problems, in my opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.