Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Stevan Jovetic (part 2)

Brendan110_0 said:
minnesota blue said:
Marvin said:
This must be a joke?

Brendan110_0 said:
Never heard of Negredo and Soldado, so they're hardly going to get us to the next level, looks to me like FFP is having a bad effect on us.

and?

You know fuck all about football..........

Not a problem, glad to be of service......

Andouble said:
Neville Kneville said:
FrancoisToure said:
Agreed. I just don't see him staying. Negredo is the target man the Pellegrini wants.

2 players for each position is the quote from Pellegrini.

Aguero
Jovetic (withdrawn striker, could play a no 9 role)
Negredo

I believe everyone at the club wants to give Guidetti a chance as well. Dzeko already looks a miserable sod.

Guidetti needs to get fit & upto the pace of Premier League football, then we can see if he deserves a chance. If he is good enough, he can take the shirt from the least effective striker & they can be sold next season.

Dzeko & Negredo would be the two centre forwards but we don't need to panic about Negredo if we sign Jovetic, as he can fill in there if needed.

Brendan110_0 said:
minnesota blue said:
Marvin said:
This must be a joke?

Brendan110_0 said:
Never heard of Negredo and Soldado, so they're hardly going to get us to the next level, looks to me like FFP is having a bad effect on us.

and?

Mate, you admitted to not knowing who two Spanish internationals were at all. Because of that I think your opinion around these parts should be taken with a grain of salt.

Marvin said:
Brendan110_0 said:
FrancoisToure said:
Agreed. I just don't see him staying. Negredo is the target man the Pellegrini wants.

To let Tevez and Dzeko go for Jovetic and Negredo would be shockingly bad transfer business IMO. Feels like we only go backwards these days.
This must be a joke?
Nope. Tevez is better than Jovetic (for now anyway) and Dzeko is a better finisher than Negredo. Negredo is nothing special, in fact he's an average finisher when in front of goal. He's missed more chances than any other striker in his league or any other top league in Europe even though he shoots more than any other player, with the exception of Ronaldo and Messi. Think about that.

I'd be surprised if City used him as anything but a sub. If you think Dzeko's occasional miss can be frustrating....you have no clue how bad Negredo can miss. Not to mention that Sevilla fans have been bitching about his inconsistency from day one.

Just saw another Youtube clip (I know), anyway I didn't quite realise how good he is at collecting long-balls and bringing others into play - I think his still raw talent and Pellegrini's coaching ability could be a match made in heaven - wouldn't surprise me if we converted him into a CF over the season and his game went up a notch...Henry signed for Arsenal at a similar age from Juve....

Marvin said:
Brendan110_0 said:
FrancoisToure said:

To let Tevez and Dzeko go for Jovetic and Negredo would be shockingly bad transfer business IMO. Feels like we only go backwards these days.
This must be a joke?
Ridiculous doesn't even come close.

Especially as Dzeko is staying.

Davs 19 said:
Brendan110_0 said:

You know fuck all about football..........

Not a problem, glad to be of service......

I know a good player when I see one, Jovetic is an average player in an average team, no amount of bluemooners are going to change my mind on this one. Balotelli is twice the player even with the trouble he sometimes brought.

Didsbury Dave said:
Neil McNab said:
This player is known to have had patellofemoral problems since coming back and should not be touched with a preverbial barge pole.
He can't beat a man, is slower than a snail and disappears from games for long periods, he's David Silva with a better scoring record.

Incredible comment.

David silva with more goals would be a £60 million footballer.
Not the David Silva of last year, in fact he was one of the main fails last season, constantly slowing up play and and trying to always play through the middle. Great on his day but we need something different. He'll do well but it will be at the expense of Silva and jury is still out on his long term recovery.

Neil McNab said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Neil McNab said:
This player is known to have had patellofemoral problems since coming back and should not be touched with a preverbial barge pole.
He can't beat a man, is slower than a snail and disappears from games for long periods, he's David Silva with a better scoring record.

Incredible comment.

David silva with more goals would be a £60 million footballer.
Not the David Silva of last year, in fact he was one of the main fails last season, constantly slowing up play and and trying to always play through the middle. Great on his day but we need something different. He'll do well but it will be at the expense of Silva and jury is still out on his long term recovery.

I think Jovetic has been fit for two seasons now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.