Stevan Jovetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
dachoosen1 said:
Cant really judge him as I havnt seen him play enough, but his goal scoring record isn't the best, about 1-3 games im hearing a lot of praise about his style of play and his work rate but what I think we need is a finsher someone who isn't afraid to smash it in we seemed to be afraid to shoot at times last year. As I said I havnt really watched him much is he the goal scorer we need?

That is why he would be the Tevez replacement. Goal scoring will fall to Aguero and Dzeko/Cavani.

FantasyIreland said:
jonmcity said:
FantasyIreland said:
As is Jovetic.

Jovetic is a typical no 10, a forward more than a midfielder. Isco would play behind with Silva

Exactly,like I posted above.

We need a striker,a fox in the box if you like - that is not jovetic.

I agree that we need one...but they don't seem to be out there. If Cavani doesn't come, I expect Dzeko will be our plan B. I don't buy it completely...but many think he can be clinical if we play to his strengths. I think it is a big mistake.

Jovetic though I would definitely take. He is not a fox in the box, but he is also not just an attacking mid. He is basically a like for like with Tevez. I know our greater need is clinical finishing, but we aren't getting that from Tevez anyway. I don't think these two issues need to be conflated.

Tevez was playing as a number 10 and he had 17 goals and 10 assists, IF Jovetic can get close to these numbers then he is welcome with open arms.

FrancoisToure said:
FantasyIreland said:
jonmcity said:
Jovetic is a typical no 10, a forward more than a midfielder. Isco would play behind with Silva

Exactly,like I posted above.

We need a striker,a fox in the box if you like - that is not jovetic.

I agree that we need one...but they don't seem to be out there. If Cavani doesn't come, I expect Dzeko will be our plan B. I don't buy it completely...but many think he can be clinical if we play to his strengths. I think it is a big mistake.

Jovetic though I would definitely take. He is not a fox in the box, but he is also not just an attacking mid. He is basically a like for like with Tevez. I know our greater need is clinical finishing, but we aren't getting that from Tevez anyway. I don't think these two issues need to be conflated.

Mario Gomez.

Tevez is clearly a better striker than Jovetic...............why are posters so ready to ditch him?
From what I've seen of Jovetic he lacks pace and would slow us down.
Carlos has earned a contract extension.

The Doctor said:
Tevez is clearly a better striker than Jovetic...............why are posters so ready to ditch him?

don't think he wants one though mate so best off to get something?

richards30 said:
The Doctor said:

don't think he wants one though mate so best off to get something?

We don't know that for sure until the club announce it.

Jovetic is not an out & out striker & not as prolific a scorer as Tevez has been at City, but he is more prolific than Tevez was for Utd or Argentina.

He is only 23 & missed a year through injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.