Stevan Jovetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cobwebcat said:
Glad to see this might be off.

I'm a transfer junkie but not to the extent that I want to collect players for the sake of it. Jovetic looks average in Italy let alone here. Like a lot on here I cannot see what the fuss is about and I don't think anyone will pay what Fiorentina are asking, not even us. Spurs just signed Paulinho for less. Irrespective of price he's not as good as we have already. I'm willing to believe that City can see something I can't but I'm not pretending I agree.

It seems like the posters who like him assume those that don't haven't seen him enough which is strange. Do we have to rate very player we are linked with? I couldn't see the point of Maicon and I still can't.

Not for me.

We don't have to do anything we don't want to do.

Answer me honestly though, have you seen him play much?

Pellegrini seemed impressed with him a few years back, even remarking that he'll be a "revelation".

Rolee said:
Cobwebcat said:

I'm a transfer junkie but not to the extent that I want to collect players for the sake of it. Jovetic looks average in Italy let alone here. Like a lot on here I cannot see what the fuss is about and I don't think anyone will pay what Fiorentina are asking, not even us. Spurs just signed Paulinho for less. Irrespective of price he's not as good as we have already. I'm willing to believe that City can see something I can't but I'm not pretending I agree.

It seems like the posters who like him assume those that don't haven't seen him enough which is strange. Do we have to rate very player we are linked with? I couldn't see the point of Maicon and I still can't.

Not for me.

Pellegrini seemed impressed with him a few years back, even remarking that he'll be a "revelation".
Gonna be boss and fill a void that we need filled :)

Chevelle said:
Rolee said:
Cobwebcat said:

Not for me.

Gonna be boss and fill a void that we need filled :)

I think so too, just hope we can get him. We've sorted the right side of our attack with Navas, now we need to sort the left. Jovetic would be ideal given that he can also play as a second striker or even up top. What's not to like?

I don't see anything in this lad, not good enough.

In fact, with the exceptions of Vidal, Montolivo, Marchisio and Cavani (and yes, I may have missed a couple more) would not touch a single other player in Serie A.

And that's from a person who loved to watch the Italian teams of the 80s and early 1990s.

Rolee said:
Cobwebcat said:

Not for me.

I'm not sure what qualifies as "much" but I've seen him maybe eight times. Perhaps I missed the ones where he played well and stood out. He did very little in the ones I watched and if we want a goal scorer then there are loads of players better than him.

If that's our standard we won't be improving on last seasons performance and since I'd prefer a cheaper Negredo I don't think I can be accused fairly of being spoilt which seems to be Bluemoons's thing at the moment.

tolmie's hairdoo said:

In fact, with the exceptions of Vidal, Montolivo, Marchisio and Cavani (and yes, I may have missed a couple more) would not touch a single other player in Serie A.

And that's from a person who loved to watch the Italian teams of the 80s and early 1990s.
Marchisio? Meh. A water carrier who works well in Juve's system. Less ability than almost all of Italy's midfielders.

All these leaks mainly from Italy of players we are about to sign or looking at do you think it's bullshit and its mainly those clubs leaking it because these clubs are desperate for Money in this climate?

Cobwebcat said:
Rolee said:
Cobwebcat said:

Not for me.

I'm not sure what qualifies as "much" but I've seen him maybe eight times. Perhaps I missed the ones where he played well and stood out. He did very little in the ones I watched and if we want a goal scorer then there are loads of players better than him.

Cheers for the response. Like I've said I think he's ideal for us, gives us so many options up top but each to their own.

Can't believe people doubting Jovetic and even worse suggesting Benteke over him.

This would be perfect for me:

759545_Manchester_City.jpg

I've left Garcia and Maicon out as I'm really not arsed whether they stay or not. Higuain seems unlikely but can't see why we're not linked with him, great team player.

tolmie's hairdoo said:

I agree with you, but you missed something

Jovetic can shoot, Silva can't and will never do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.