Stevan Jovetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Jovetic

Andouble said:
NQCitizen said:
Ovo said:
I'll ask again, where would he play if he signed? Does anybody actually know.

Back-up for Nasri / Silva / Tevez, in the line of 3 behind the striker, I'd think.
that's one expensive back-up.

But only 22, with Silva's contract being up in the air, Tevez having only one year left next summer, maybe Mancini is looking longer term, if Jovetic is a player he really wants? Nevertheless I wouldn't be sacrificing Dzeko, who represents our entire plan B, for him.

NQCitizen said:
Andouble said:
NQCitizen said:
Back-up for Nasri / Silva / Tevez, in the line of 3 behind the striker, I'd think.
that's one expensive back-up.

But only 22, with Silva's contract being up in the air, Tevez having only one year left next summer, maybe Mancini is looking longer term, if Jovetic is a player he really wants? Nevertheless I wouldn't be sacrificing Dzeko, who represents our entire plan B, for him.

I agree he'd get a lot of games with his versatility but not sure he's one of our biggest necessities this transfer window. I still wouldn't turn him down.

If Dzeko does end up going, how can Jovetic be his replacement? I though he was a midfielder/winger - some say he is a second strker.

If Dzeko leaves, surely we would go after an out and out stiker?

I must say though, I want Dzeko playing on Sunday but ends up getting no minutes then he is leaving.

sam-caddick said:
If Dzeko does end up going, how can Jovetic be his replacement? I though he was a midfielder/winger - some say he is a second strker.

I must say though, I want Dzeko playing on Sunday but ends up getting no minutes then he is leaving.

I wouldn't be shocked if Bob was going hell for leather behind the scenes to get Cavani in and Dzeko out.

sam-caddick said:

Jovetic and Tevez = second strikers? Aguero and Balo as the nines? Think that would wok well with rotation. Better balance than with Dzeko imo. Numerous partnerships there. Means Bob can rest Silva more often as well.

He is not a centre forward but can play there, he'll play as a second striker or attacking midfielder and collect the ball like Messi then run with it. He is two footed and very skillful so can make things happen, he also has the 4th most shots in Serie A last year so isn't afraid to have a go. If we sold Dzeko and bought Jovetic this could also open the door for Guidetti as we'd be losing a proper centre forward and not replacing him with another. To me Jovetic seems like he would be our belated alternative to Hazard.

Joehannes said:
sam-caddick said:

Jovetic and Tevez = second strikers? Aguero and Balo as the nines? Think that would wok well with rotation. Better balance than with Dzeko imo. Numerous partnerships there. Means Bob can rest Silva more often as well.

Brilliant players technically, but it leaves us without the aerial threat of Dzeko and (as underused as it is) his ability as a brilliant poacher. Fantastic players but if you're dealing comfortably with 4 of them (say Aguero, Tevez, Jovetic, Silva / Nasri), being able to add another incredibly similar player to the mix won't change the dynamic as much as being able to introduce a completely different type of player.

LoveCity said:
He is not a centre forward but can play there, he'll play as a second striker or attacking midfielder and collect the ball like Messi then run with it. He is two footed and very skillful so can make things happen, he also has the 4th most shots in Serie A last year so isn't afraid to have a go. If we sold Dzeko and bought Jovetic this could also open the door for Guidetti as we'd be losing a proper centre forward and not replacing him with another. To me Jovetic seems like he would be our belated alternative to Hazard.

sounds like tevez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.