Stevan Jovetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
LoveCity said:
Maybe we have found a buyer for Tevez and will replace both he and Dzeko/Mario with Jovetic and a target man?

I don't believe for a second our transfer policy is so scatter gun that we'll have a list that reads like "Falcao or Cavani or Jovetic" when Jovetic is a different style of striker to Falcao or Cavani. It's like saying "let's buy David Silva or Gareth Bale". They're completely different style attacking midfielders just like Jovetic is different to Falcao or Cavani. Our emphasis will be team building and finding the right components rather than buying whatever flashy player we can, so we'll surely have a specific type(s) of striker in mind whether it's one or two we bring in.

I reckon that unless we lose Tevez, Aguero, Silva, Yaya or Vinny then we don't need anymore massive name players. We need to start buying players who are going to allow us to get the best out of our current key players.

If signing someone like Sandro allows us to push Yaya further forward then he's the man to get. If buying someone like Benteke allows Aguero to feed off his knock downs then we should buy him.

We need to start buying players based on how they will work with other players rather than what they can individually bring.

BTW I think Jovetic would be a top addition :) ...... Too replace Nasri

LoveCity said:
Maybe we have found a buyer for Tevez and will replace both he and Dzeko/Mario with Jovetic and a target man?

I don't believe for a second our transfer policy is so scatter gun that we'll have a list that reads like "Falcao or Cavani or Jovetic" when Jovetic is a different style of striker to Falcao or Cavani. It's like saying "let's buy David Silva or Gareth Bale". They're completely different style attacking midfielders just like Jovetic is different to Falcao or Cavani. Our emphasis will be team building and finding the right components rather than buying whatever flashy player we can, so we'll surely have a specific type(s) of striker in mind whether it's one or two we bring in.

Its a good point, this.

I believe that of all the strikers mooted, Falcao is the one whose game would be most suited to the premiership.

I remember Jovetic tearing Liverpool apart as a 19 year old, not seen much of him since, but if we go for him, would it be as a striker or out wide. If we ate looking at strikers Cavani for me is the man o go for

If we can get him for £20m or less than I'll have him, but from what I've seen (which admittedly isn't more than a few games) he's not worth the £25m(ish) price tag.

There are definitely better players for less money.

I suspect we'll give Tevez another year on his contract. ON the pitch he's rarely let us down, even when his form's dipped a little i.e. 110% application etc.

whipper said:
Laughable all this why would he choose Arsenal over us,they are still a massive club.

Get a grip some of you it's embarrassing,we still aren't quite there yet as a pedigree club.

We don't even know if we're after him,just press speculation!

Wages and silverware are more likely to be bettered by us than them.

Arsenal are a tier 2 club now. City, United and Chelsea are tier 1. Arsenal have joined Spurs and Liverpool as tier 2.

toffee balls said:
munster said:
I suspect we'll give Tevez another year on his contract.
He's got 6 weeks of hard graft to fit in as well

I've seen some of his colleagues in my local park and the day usually goes like this...

Arrive by van. Sit in van for twenty minutes, talking. Have a brew. Go for a pee. Have another brew. Get out of van and clear a few branches of the footpaths. Go back to van. Receive a lecture on the value of working for a living. Have another brew. Go for another pee. Drive off back to whence they came. Total time on site, four hours.

NipHolmes said:
Arsenal are a tier 2 club now. City, United and Chelsea are tier 1. Arsenal have joined Spurs and Liverpool as tier 2.
I really don't think a clubs status shifts that quickly, personally i think arsenal are just having a dip. Different players and people will view it differently, but there will be plenty of players out there that see Arsenal as a bigger club than us. Back when Blackburn won the premier league plenty still won't have seen them as a massive club. I just don't think you can tier clubs so simply.

Lord BLue said:
NipHolmes said:
I really don't think a clubs status shifts that quickly, personally i think arsenal are just having a dip. Different players and people will view it differently, but there will be plenty of players out there that see Arsenal as a bigger club than us. Back when Blackburn won the premier league plenty still won't have seen them as a massive club. I just don't think you can tier clubs so simply.

They are a bigger club than us historically but so are Notts Forest.

At the present they have just one player who could get into a City first team and that's Wilshere, after that they have no-one. That's where they are now. They haven't won anything in years and have a system where their top wage is 100k. Cit won FA Cup, League and CS (if you count it) and are on the way to an FA cup. Arsenal meanwhile are battling for fourth in the league. If I was a player I'd look at the here and now and the next 3-5 years. On that basis it's City every time and also factor in we can gazump Arsenal on wages every time. Finally we have head start because of Nastasic and Savic deals.

All roads lead to City. Only way Arsenal get him imho is if City go for someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.