Stevan Jovetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
ONTHERUNWITHTHAKSIN said:
Solihull Samba Boys said:
LoveCity said:
All has gone quiet and yet Florence media says it's us and not Arsenal who are most likely to sign him. English media have been saying Arsenal are on the verge of signing him, but La Nazione says it's bollocks and that we are in pole position. But do we want/need/have the transfer budget to sign him on top of Cavani, Isco, Fernandinho?

If Tevez leaves we'll need another striker to be fair. Him, Aguero, Cavani and Guidetti as our forwards would be immense.

This could be a good shout.
Not so sure, might cause a bit of unrest in the squad with 3 of those 4 wanting first team football. Perhaps Aguero, Cavani, Guidetti and another young striker willing to to play a bit part role.

I can see us bring him in. If we sell Tevez that frees up wages for Cavani, if we move Dzeko on aswell in swap + cash for Cavani then that covers Jovetic wages, money from Tevez would nearly cover so all will be fine.

------------------------------Cavani---------------------------------
Isco-----------------------------------------------------------Aguero

-------------------------------Silva----------------------------------
------------------Fernandinho----------Yaya-------------------------
Clichy----------------------------------------------------------Zaba
-----------------Nasty-----------------Vinny-------------------------
--------------------------------Hart----------------------------------

Jovetic would be third choice most likely.

Jovetic wouldn't go anywhere to be third choice though. He's too good to be a squad player. If Aguero leaves, he may join. Otherwise I don't think he will, unfortunately.

Joehannes said:
Jovetic wouldn't go anywhere to be third choice though. He's too good to be a squad player. If Aguero leaves, he may join. Otherwise I don't think he will, unfortunately.

Rotation and also imo Aguero will leave after next years WC. Hopefully he stays but if not I hope he does well in WC and we get record fee for him. He goes and we should get £60m+.

I want us to sit down with him and extend contract too. That's as vital is signing any players this term.

NipHolmes said:
Joehannes said:

Rotation and also imo Aguero will leave after next years WC. Hopefully he stays but if not I hope he does well in WC and we get record fee for him. He goes and we should get £60m+.

I want us to sit down with him and extend contract too. That's as vital is signing any players this term.

There's no way Jovetic will move and be 3rd choice, if Aguero was sold then I'd have him without doubt but he's far too good to be just a squad player.

NipHolmes said:
I can see us bring him in. If we sell Tevez that frees up wages for Cavani, if we move Dzeko on aswell in swap + cash for Cavani then that covers Jovetic wages, money from Tevez would nearly cover so all will be fine.

------------------------------Cavani---------------------------------
Isco-----------------------------------------------------------Aguero

-------------------------------Silva----------------------------------
------------------Fernandinho----------Yaya-------------------------
Clichy----------------------------------------------------------Zaba
-----------------Nasty-----------------Vinny-------------------------
--------------------------------Hart----------------------------------

Jovetic would be third choice most likely.

This leads to a very interesting discussion, our formation next year. It's a very big decision to make, will it be Txiki's preferred 4-3-3, or will Manuel have the option to go with his preferred 4-2-2-2? Since the formation will be rooted all the way from the senior side down to the MC toddlers, I have a feeling it will be up to Txiki to make that call.

So I guess the first thing to do, is to name our strongest formation using 4-3-3. with the players we currently have, then we will see where our weaknesses are, where we need to strengthen. We will then also see where future problems might occur, where there are too many good footballers fighting for the same position.

Btw, I really like your formation.

Kun Aguero said:
NipHolmes said:
Joehannes said:

There's no way Jovetic will move and be 3rd choice, if Aguero was sold then I'd have him without doubt but he's far too good to be just a squad player.

We won't get him then. I always saw him as a plan b to Cavani or Falcao to be honest but even still I'd go for him and he could compete with all the front 3 for spaces. Have in mind injuries and all comps we are in. There will be many games for players.

I think Jovetic is Pellegrini's type of player, but i'd be surprised if he was a first choice target. If we do make a move i think it'll be a bit later on in the window when other options haven't worked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.