Steve Coppell

I just remember how gaunt and hollow he looked when he resigned. He must’ve lost about two stone in six weeks and he wasn’t a big fella to start with. My dad simply said, “that’s what City can do to a man”!

Sorry if this has been covered multiple times but I can't find it if so.bit did we ever find out the real reason Coppell got off after only 30 odd days in charge.

I've heard all the rumours about Trevor Morley etc but was this the real reason? I remember at the time being really curious but then I just put it to the back of my mind but just seen his resignation press conference on premier League years and it reminded me.

I hope the person who started the Trevor Morley reason realised he left 7 years before Steve Coppell arrived.

I had heard the shower rumours, but the version I heard involved Mr Brown.

Wasn't the rumour about Bish and Morley being that one of the wives walked in on them one afternoon as they were 'discussing tactics' in a double bed?

Of course, all rumours and probably lies, but when has that ever stopped a rumour from becoming folklore....and this was before Twitter was around too!

Sorry if this has been covered multiple times but I can't find it if so.bit did we ever find out the real reason Coppell got off after only 30 odd days in charge.

I've heard all the rumours about Trevor Morley etc but was this the real reason? I remember at the time being really curious but then I just put it to the back of my mind but just seen his resignation press conference on premier League years and it reminded me.
When you say curious, you don’t mean bi curious do you? Sorry just another rumour

Not what I read, which is that Lee offered him 30k as a goodwill gesture, and Coppell turned it down ase said he hadn’t earned it. Maybe you know different?
I heard that he took the money but not entirely sure whether it was 50 or 30. Whatever the amount it was stupid for Lee to pay or offer to pay as City were in dire financial straits. I understood he took the money. I heard it from someone close to the club whom l believe without reservation.
Maybe you know differently/better? You seem to think you do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.