Steve Ireland

Reckon you guys would sell him to Spurs? If so, how much do you think you'll be looking to get for him? £8m - £10m?

1.618034 said:
chesterbells said:
Football is the one sport which doesnt seem to have a problem with athletes doping to gain a rapid increase in fitness.

Its quite fortunate really, cos in other sports where it has been a problem, like athletics or cycling, some of the athletes have suffered real health problems with their heart.

Interesting thread, this one.

Interesting indeed.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

Ireland has to close Nani down imo ....instead he just watches play develop then makes a half hearted run into the box......awful marking, and for someone who had just come on there was no excuse.

n_mcfc said:
Really?

Is this really a serious thread?!

How can so many people turn on Ireland? Why? I'm really confused as to how you can go from one extreme to another, when our season has improved dramatically!

Before his season last year, people hated him. It seems they still do.

How can you blame him alone for the goal and claim he didn't try?

I'm off downstairs for a bit, this is shocking.

You get used to it on here mate.

Lots of them haven't a clue and still have the old City "scapegoat" mentality.

Ireland is currently carrying the can. It's always homegrown players. It's the Ricahrds Edgehill award for undeserved abuse.

Daft fans do it as a kind of bonding thing. You can imagine the sweaty pissed stained fuckers in the south stand bogs. "Alright mate. Ireland's fucking wank inne? WHO'S THAT LYING ON THE...."

You get the picture.

Didsbury Dave said:
n_mcfc said:
Really?

How can so many people turn on Ireland? Why? I'm really confused as to how you can go from one extreme to another, when our season has improved dramatically!

Ireland is currently carrying the can. It's always homegrown players. It's the Ricahrds Edgehill award for undeserved abuse.

Daft fans do it as a kind of bonding thing. You can imagine the sweaty pissed stained fuckers in the south stand bogs. "Alright mate. Ireland's fucking wank inne? WHO'S THAT LYING ON THE...."

You get the picture.

Good grief DD ......I can understand the scapegoat mentality on here sometimes, but please please watch the goal again and tell me that SI last year wouldn't have been all over Nani before he puts that cross in.

Didsbury Dave said:
n_mcfc said:
Really?

You get the picture.

Ireland deserves everything he is getting at the moment.

It surprises me that you'd be so scathing about our supporters in your bid to defend a player whose lack of effort cost us dearly on Saturday.

It is not unreasonable to expect a greater contribution from a player earning more in a week than many fans would in five years.

City fans do try to see the best in people, if anything we're guilty of overrating our players from time-to-time. But we are quick to pounce upon anyone not trying their best. I hope that this never changes.

Lindowman said:
Ireland has to close Nani down imo ....instead he just watches play develop then makes a half hearted run into the box......awful marking, and for someone who had just come on there was no excuse.
Spot on.

6a00d834563f7d69e201156fa93e4b970b-500pi

Lindowman said:
Didsbury Dave said:

You get the picture.

Good grief DD ......I can understand the scapegoat mentality on here sometimes, but please please watch the goal again and tell me that SI last year wouldn't have been all over Nani before he puts that cross in.

I don't doubt he was at fault. And I don't think I could name more than one or two of our players who have not been at fault for goals this season.

I don't mind commenting on players making errors. It's when people say ill-thought out shit like "he's wank" that I get annoyed.

It's endemic at City, it was born as fan-bonding when we were shite. It just hasn't gone away now we're not shite.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.