Steve Ireland

Didsbury Dave said:
Lindowman said:
Good grief DD ......I can understand the scapegoat mentality on here sometimes, but please please watch the goal again and tell me that SI last year wouldn't have been all over Nani before he puts that cross in.

I don't doubt he was at fault. And I don't think I could name more than one or two of our players who have not been at fault for goals this season.

I don't mind commenting on players making errors. It's when people say ill-thought out shit like "he's wank" that I get annoyed.

It's endemic at City, it was born as fan-bonding when we were shite. It just hasn't gone away now we're not shite.

Especially when less than 12 months ago the very same posters were talking about him as the best young player in the league.

Didsbury Dave said:
Lindowman said:
Good grief DD ......I can understand the scapegoat mentality on here sometimes, but please please watch the goal again and tell me that SI last year wouldn't have been all over Nani before he puts that cross in.

I don't doubt he was at fault. And I don't think I could name more than one or two of our players who have not been at fault for goals this season.

I don't mind commenting on players making errors. It's when people say ill-thought out shit like "he's wank" that I get annoyed.

It's endemic at City, it was born as fan-bonding when we were shite. It just hasn't gone away now we're not shite.

Fair enough, and I totally agree ....it gets beyond a joke on here at times.

A lack of form or a lack of ability is one thing. To just let a 35 year old bloke who's been legging it about for 90 mins score in the last minute of a derby, without making even a token effort to stop him when you're fresh as a daisy is quite another.

The rags wouldn't accept that from one of their players, neither would Chelsea or Liverpool or any club with any self respect. That's not the sort of bloke we need. If some of you think he's more important & we should just put up with it in the hope it doesn't happen again then that's up to you.

I've backed him before but on that showing, he's not worth it.

Neville Kneville said:
A lack of form or a lack of ability is one thing. To just let a 35 year old bloke who's been legging it about for 90 mins score in the last minute of a derby, without making even a token effort to stop him when you're fresh as a daisy is quite another.

The rags wouldn't accept that from one of their players, neither would Chelsea or Liverpool or any club with any self respect. That's not the sort of bloke we need. If some of you think he's more important & we should just put up with it in the hope it doesn't happen again then that's up to you.

You're right. Man United, Chelsea and Liverpool players don't make errors.

Only ours do.

Only our homegrown ones, in fact.

Something should be done, it's been going on for years. I blame Richard Edgehill. He wank, you know.

n_mcfc said:
Really?

Is this really a serious thread?!

How can so many people turn on Ireland? Why? I'm really confused as to how you can go from one extreme to another, when our season has improved dramatically!

Before his season last year, people hated him. It seems they still do.

How can you blame him alone for the goal and claim he didn't try?

I'm off downstairs for a bit, this is shocking.

because its basic fan mentality instead of looking at the performace of the WHOLE TEAM

The game was lost tactically not by one individual....fromt the first kick of the game the best we wre going to get was a 0-0 with the way we set up as a team....playing like that you are always going to run the risk of getting hit by a late goal.

imnot saying ireland wasnt at fault for the goal....but the way we played before he came on the pitch was appaling and that is down to the manager...again being far too negative

RM got what he deserved on Saturday....nothing!

Didsbury Dave said:
Neville Kneville said:

Only ours do.

Something should be done, it's been going on for years. I blame Richard Edgehill. He wank, you know.

I agree DD that Ireland has been singled out for abuse unfairly. The problem is he was grossly overated for his efforts last year. Being player of the year at City does not a world class talent make. Look at four time winner R Dunne.

As far as homegrown players getting abuse, not so sure. I think they get the benefit of the doubt initially, then if they play well they get overated because they are homegrown and this inevitably leads to criticism when they don't live up to the hype. eg Micah.

Someone like Barry for example gets underpraised when he plays well and doesn't get that much flack when he plays badly.

And foreigners get plenty of flack too. Robinho, Jo, Frontzeck etc

And I also suspect this is true of managers. Harry, MON, Moyes get plenty of respect despite winning naff all between them in terms of major silverware.

Rafa, La Liga and Champions league, gets slated by the press. And then our own Roberto gets two idiotic journos saying he has got to go due to the performance on Saturday. No mention of Harry getting sacked due to pathetic defeat to Portsmouth.

simon23 said:
n_mcfc said:
Really?

Is this really a serious thread?!

How can so many people turn on Ireland? Why? I'm really confused as to how you can go from one extreme to another, when our season has improved dramatically!

Before his season last year, people hated him. It seems they still do.

How can you blame him alone for the goal and claim he didn't try?

I'm off downstairs for a bit, this is shocking.

because its basic fan mentality instead of looking at the performace of the WHOLE TEAM

The game was lost tactically not by one individual....fromt the first kick of the game the best we wre going to get was a 0-0 with the way we set up as a team....playing like that you are always going to run the risk of getting hit by a late goal.

imnot saying ireland wasnt at fault for the goal....but the way we played before he came on the pitch was appaling and that is down to the manager...again being far too negative

RM got what he deserved on Saturday....nothing!

That's way too negative an opinion if you ask me.

I think the manager got the subs wrong but, unlike his previous two derbies, I can't really blame him too much until then. There's no way we were "appalling". We matched the current champions stride for stride and were unlucky to lose.

Again.

Didsbury Dave said:
Neville Kneville said:

Only ours do.

What a pathetic & frankly annoying, distortinon of my post. You know quite well that's not what I'm saying, in fact I clearly stated that there's a difference between form, ability & not being arsed. What's the matter with you? Why are you doing that? Are you his girlfriend?

I've supported City's academy players since Peter Barnes so blow it out your arse. Just because I'm not joining you in sucking Ireland's cock whilst putting my nipple in his mouth doesn't mean I don't support our home grown players you fucking slapped arse.

Richard Edghil would have gone & tried to stop Utd from scoring. Ireland didn't. That matters if you're not bumming him.

There's only so many times you can use unlucky as an excuse. The derby in september we wre unlucky but in the carling cup and again on saturday we were unprofessional from front to back.

Bellemy should of run the ball into the channel instead of hitting that hail mary ball, someone should of closed evra down making it difficult to get such an easy cross in, someone should of tracked scholes.

Not saying its completely irelands fault but for someone who had only been on the pitch for 10mins or so and with something to prove you'd of thought he'd of bust a gut to get back into position.

Over the years we've been guilty of one thing - unprofessionalism and its proved to be the deciding factor once again

nevilletogoater-in said:
There's only so many times you can use unlucky as an excuse. The derby in september we wre unlucky but in the carling cup and again on saturday we were unprofessional from front to back.

Bellemy should of run the ball into the channel instead of hitting that hail mary ball, someone should of closed evra down making it difficult to get such an easy cross in, someone should of tracked scholes.

Not saying its completely irelands fault but for someone who had only been on the pitch for 10mins or so and with something to prove you'd of thought he'd of bust a gut to get back into position.

Over the years we've been guilty of one thing - unprofessionalism and its proved to be the deciding factor once again

This

But you could also incude the first derby at the swamp when Tevez gave the ball away cheaply and Micah didnt get close enough to Owen!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.