Steve Ireland

bluefandk said:
jrb said:
Yes, but it wasn't Evra who scored the goal. If Ireland would have stayed with Scholes, he would have never got a free header and scored. What makes it worse is his actions afterwards. Flapping his arms and trying to put the blame on other players.

As someone who normally would defend Ireland,I do find it hard to defend that.
He was at fault for not tracking Scholes or at least, as the nearest man, picking him up in the box. Same can be said for Ned going AWOL leaving Evra with a criminal amount of space to deliver the cross. I'm a fan of both players but they are culpable.

Agree with this, the fact he didnt run around/ try is worrying. I feel ashamed to have constantly sung his name when he warmed up and gave back a wry smug smile.

Fat Chance said:
I think Stephens Dizzy moment was a similar thing to what happened to Peter Barnes at the award ceremony and i think just like Barnes..Ireland will not return to the player he was earlier.
Wrong all counts

The incidents are not comparable: Stephen was feeling ill; Peter wasn't; Stephen went to hospital;Peter didn't. Stephen's form seems to have suffered and he is not the player he was, whether the two are related nobody knows, or are saying. The awards incident was purely down to nerves and can happen to even the most accomplished public speaker and it didn't not have any affect on Peter's career

I do think Stephen Ireland is a quality player , and it's hard to comprehend the change in him ..... whether it's because he's being overlooked , or whether it's because he's after leaving , i'm not sure ..... but he certainly doesn't look the player he was.

Having said that if the rags had lost possession in the same place that City did in that final minute , would they have conceded a late goal?

I think not .......

first because they would have reacted to to it far more positively than we did , they would have been more alert , more professional ....... and you can bet your bottom dollar that one of their central defenders wouldn't have left a player free , directly in front of goal , to score with only 17 seconds left on the clock ....... Ireland could maybe have done more to prevent it , but probably so could one or two others!

I believe the bottom line is this:

Love him or hate him, he will have a chance to hurt us next season wearing a different shirt. And knowing City, he more than likely will.

He's playing in the wrong team. Maybe hes just frustrated watching City because even I don't see the attraction of playing 3 defensive minded centre-midfielders in the same team anyway.

Ireland is a confidence player, once he gets a few games behind him and gets a goal he'll be shit hot. But hes not been given enough time due to impatience.

I wouldn't want to get rid of Ireland and then in 6 months time, having City fans regretting it like we did with Elano.

jimharri said:
bluefandk said:
[/color]

As someone who normally would defend Ireland,I do find it hard to defend that.
He was at fault for not tracking Scholes or at least, as the nearest man, picking him up in the box. Same can be said for Ned going AWOL leaving Evra with a criminal amount of space to deliver the cross. I'm a fan of both players but they are culpable.

Yep Neddy was really the one at fault and I think it was Kolo that got pulled out of position to try and cut out the cross and then the defence was outstretched and outnumbered in the middle although Bridgey could have got to Scholes.

On the other hand Bellamy should not have given away the ball so cheaply to initiate their move when the game was basically over and their heads had dropped.

A lack of collective discipline is the ultimate culprit once again imo.

PSmyth07 said:
He's playing in the wrong team. Maybe hes just frustrated watching City because even I don't see the attraction of playing 3 defensive minded centre-midfielders in the same team anyway.

Ireland is a confidence player, once he gets a few games behind him and gets a goal he'll be shit hot. But hes not been given enough time due to impatience.

I wouldn't want to get rid of Ireland and then in 6 months time, having City fans regretting it like we did with Elano.

Not sure fans particularly regret selling Elano?!

I understand If he's frustrated, but it's lack of effort which means he's got no hope with us now and has to leave, he's not up to the challenges ahead.

happens every time this bald headed wanker plays. When will every tosser learn Ireland Richards and SWP are shite, might have been ok when all we ever played for was staying in the Prem League, and maybe scraping a derby victory every now and then.

Can't wait for the summer to see the back of these 3 tossers

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.