Steven Ireland - my apology - I was wrong

we begged for a box to box midfielder for ages and last year he arrived. some of those runs from the edge of our box to the opposition box were unbelievable. there arent many in the prem can get so far up the pitch so fast and remain unmarked ,usually after delivering a pinpoint long distance pass then getting on the end of the move he just started 60yds away.

Sorry for being abit backward here... but whats the deal with Stephen Hunt? I take it he is a major reason why Superman won't go back to the Ireland squad? Can someone enlighten me..... just leave a message, I'll be busy licking my front window

Ant_s29 said:
The guy is an absolute legend !!!!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1194140/PICTURE-SPECIAL-Training-day--secret-Stephen-Irelands-success.html?ITO=1490" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... l?ITO=1490</a>

Love it. Love him........ and he loves us.
Onwards and upwards.

ratherdeadthanred said:
This time last year superman was linked with sunderland, £5 million was the amount and I would have ripped their arms off, I imagine I speak for many,
Certainly spesk for me, pal. I was interviewd by Irish radio recently and all they wanted to talk about was whether Stevie would be playing International football again. I suspect they wouldn't have been quite so bothered the3 previous season.

SPT_IHN_030309-18_001.jpg

the guy will be a legend.....btw, just noticed this from his biography on website (i didnt know this)
Stephen’s performances in Limerick attracted interest from 22 British clubs, and he had trials with a number of them, but several were discouraged by his Osgood-Schlatter disease, which he suffered from in his mid-teens.

In 1903, doctors Robert Osgood and Carl Schlatter first described OSD after recognizing a pattern of symptoms in their patients. The doctors found that OSD was a growth-related problem seen mostly in young, athletic guys. It's more likely to happen during a growth spurt.
Osgood-Schlatter disease is an overuse injury of the knee. Frequent use and physical stress cause inflammation (pain and swelling) at the point where the tendon from the kneecap (called the patella) attaches to the shinbone (tibia).
Because the area is stressed by frequent use, it often leads to inflammation (pain and swelling) or even a tiny fracture of the shin bone. The pain usually worsens with exercise, jumping, and sports such as basketball, volleyball, soccer, figure skating, and gymnastics. In some people, both knees are affected.
The condition affects guys more than girls, especially guys who are active in sports involving deep knee bends, jumping, and running. But OSD affects girls, too, and the number of girls with OSD is increasing since more and more girls are participating in competitive sports.

according to the websites i just checked on its usually in adolescants during growth spurts, so hopefully this will never be a problem

shadygiz said:
SPT_IHN_030309-18_001.jpg

the guy will be a legend.....btw, just noticed this from his biography on website (i didnt know this)
Stephen’s performances in Limerick attracted interest from 22 British clubs, and he had trials with a number of them, but several were discouraged by his Osgood-Schlatter disease, which he suffered from in his mid-teens.

In 1903, doctors Robert Osgood and Carl Schlatter first described OSD after recognizing a pattern of symptoms in their patients. The doctors found that OSD was a growth-related problem seen mostly in young, athletic guys. It's more likely to happen during a growth spurt.
Osgood-Schlatter disease is an overuse injury of the knee. Frequent use and physical stress cause inflammation (pain and swelling) at the point where the tendon from the kneecap (called the patella) attaches to the shinbone (tibia).
Because the area is stressed by frequent use, it often leads to inflammation (pain and swelling) or even a tiny fracture of the shin bone. The pain usually worsens with exercise, jumping, and sports such as basketball, volleyball, soccer, figure skating, and gymnastics. In some people, both knees are affected.
The condition affects guys more than girls, especially guys who are active in sports involving deep knee bends, jumping, and running. But OSD affects girls, too, and the number of girls with OSD is increasing since more and more girls are participating in competitive sports.

according to the websites i just checked on its usually in adolescants during growth spurts, so hopefully this will never be a problem

Shit no way that is what i had. The doctor didnt know what it was. It fucking hurt i had a big lump on my knee that was dead sensitive.

OP you said that pic was of him training in the MaddieMcCan T, doesnt look like he's doing much to me!! ;)

Yes he did well last season but he's got to keep on improving as well! he cant stop at what he's achieved this year because its been okay, much better but not fantastic! If he carries on improving and coming out with the lines like wanting to be a one club man and be at City his whole career, he will undoubtedly become a legend at City, but he isnt quite there yet!

But go on Stevie keep it up fella!

I am glad to say i stuck up for him so much the last couple of years even getting called clueless when i said this lad will be one of Europe's best.

He is a LEGEND!!

Immaculate Pasta said:
I am glad to say i stuck up for him so much the last couple of years even getting called clueless when i said this lad will be one of Europe's best.

He is a LEGEND!!
That is the only thing you have ever got right though ;)

ratherdeadthanred said:
I have not posted much recently but the story on Ireland has forced me to do something I have been meaning to for a long time.

This time last year superman was linked with sunderland, £5 million was the amount and I would have ripped their arms off, I imagine I speak for many, he came across with a "party boy" "I dont care attitude" (Johnson take note), I heard the rumours of how he was training for the upcoming season but thought he would be one of the first to fall with Hughes in charge.

Then the season begun he was comfortable on the ball, his vision to play a ball had improved, he was much stronger, and developed his shooting boots, the opposite had some how happened to what i thought was going to with Ireland and Hughes working together. They went hand in hand and Hughes' training worked a treat.

The crazy wackyness of Ireland is something we love, the cars, the tatts, and the pants make him unique, my perception of him was totally wrong and just could not see past it

he has his own website which sells absolutley shit loads of stuff for Francis House which I must say is a brilliant cause, how many other city players do something like this?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.stephenireland.com/shop/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.stephenireland.com/shop/</a>

Not only that but hes pictured here in training for the new season in a madeline mccan shirt, he doesnt have to do this but chooses to regardless

article-1194140-0567762A000005DC-758_224x423.jpg

The guy is a model pro, the stories on here of how kids have knocked on his door and he went out for a kick about with them make me love him even more, he loves city and I love him

All the bullshit regarding the national team I find laughable, the fact is the National team need Ireland much more than Ireland needs the national team, all it takes is Trappatoni to make one call yet he cant be arsed so fuck them, and then we move onto Steven Fucking Hunt! in case no one has told that short arse hairy fuck Ireland is 10 times the player he is and ever will be , so I would like him to concentrate on himself and shitty reading in the future instead of being a jealous ****.

We all forget Ireland is only 22, he has 2 young children and the weight of the world on his shoulders, idiots like me should cut the guy some slack hes currently killing himself working for next season, I wonder where Johnson is right now? probably getting pissed.

Ireland is the one to watch, Colin Bell was before my time yet videos of him that I have watched remind me much more of Ireland than Johnson, the speed in which he got across the pitch to score against Hamburg was world class something which Johnson in my opinion could never do

My mouth is drooling at the thought of Barry and Ireland next season because both will compliment each other beautifully

I cannot wait, I was wrong and Ireland is going on next seasons home + away + third shirt

Top post, but I think you should cut MJ some slack, you dont know the full facts, just hear say on these forums. I'd love nothing more than to see one of our own again in a city shirt performing as we know he could before his injuries and adpoting a SI approach could do no harm for him at all. All I ask is to judge him over an injury free season, not one like the last.

CTID

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.