Stevie Ireland - the bidding starts

I have neard nothing apart from a Daily Mail report, which says it all really!!

How can Mancini already be planning his Summer departures when he doesn't even have a permanent contract for next season FFS!!!

This smacks of the same type of story as Micah going to the Spuds.

They are simply putting it down to the fact that Mancini prefers to have a more defensive central midfield with wide men, with last night being the prime example. ie. the typical Italian mentality. He will get his time back in the team.

2 + 2 = 5

Stevie is far and away our best player with the potential to become even better.

He should not be sold.

OPENSHAWBLUE said:
Stevie is far and away our best player with the potential to become even better.

He should not be sold.

Best player?

jesus-facepalm-facepalm-jesus-epic-demotivational-poster-1218659828.jpg

I amd absolutely outraged at the idea of Stevie Ireland...our player of last season..leaving City.

Since Mancini arrived with his boring defensive rubbish Stevie has been completely frozen out and Johnson...not in the same league in my opinion..takes the only attacking midfield spot

Ireland iis one of our few truly creative players. Any Top Four team would want him. WE would be MAD to let him leave..

Today in The Times there's a [piece indicating how he will have to do just that.
I am absolutely GUTTED!!!
fbloke said:
So the sell-off of the unwanted and underperforming begins.

I reckon £12m would probably be enough for him to move on.......................

Salford_Blue said:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/article7020948.ece" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ ... 020948.ece</a>
Stephen Ireland, the Manchester City midfield player, fears that he could be forced to look for a new club amid concerns that he does not figure in Roberto Mancini’s long-term plans.

Ireland was dropped for City’s Barclays Premier League game at home to Bolton Wanderers on Tuesday night, Mancini opting instead to play Adam Johnson, a winger, at the tip of a midfield diamond on his first start for the club since a protracted £8 million move from Middlesbrough.

Although that is Ireland’s favoured position — one from which he scored most of his 13 goals last season en route to being named City’s Player of the Year — he has played there only once since Mancini arrived at the club in December, for 56 minutes in the 3-0 win away to Wolverhampton Wanderers.

That, coupled with the manager’s decision to deploy wide players, such as Johnson, in the role ahead of him and Mancini’s pursuit of two midfield players, Fernando Gago, 23, of Real Madrid, and McDonald Mariga, 22, now of Inter Milan, during the transfer window last month appear to have convinced Ireland that his days at City are numbered.

The 23-year-old hopes that Mancini will give him an extended run in his favoured role, but if the situation does not improve between now and the end of the season, Ireland may consider his options in the summer.

Manchester United have been linked with the player in the past, but it is hard to envisage City allowing him to join their fierce rivals.

He would not leave the club lightly and accepts that competition for places will be intense, but is unlikely to stay if it means fighting a losing battle.

Freestyler said:
PaulPowerShower said:
I wpould have brought Stevie on for Viera for the last half hour or so last night

i would of started stevie for veira last night.
I would have started him over ANY of the midfield trio last night, THREE 'effing defensive midfielders vrs Bolton at home!!! when we go to Stamford Bridge he will play 5.

johnwaynebobbet said:
Salford_Blue said:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/article7020948.ece" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ ... 020948.ece</a>
Stephen Ireland, the Manchester City midfield player, fears that he could be forced to look for a new club amid concerns that he does not figure in Roberto Mancini’s long-term plans.

Ireland was dropped for City’s Barclays Premier League game at home to Bolton Wanderers on Tuesday night, Mancini opting instead to play Adam Johnson, a winger, at the tip of a midfield diamond on his first start for the club since a protracted £8 million move from Middlesbrough.

Although that is Ireland’s favoured position — one from which he scored most of his 13 goals last season en route to being named City’s Player of the Year — he has played there only once since Mancini arrived at the club in December, for 56 minutes in the 3-0 win away to Wolverhampton Wanderers.

That, coupled with the manager’s decision to deploy wide players, such as Johnson, in the role ahead of him and Mancini’s pursuit of two midfield players, Fernando Gago, 23, of Real Madrid, and McDonald Mariga, 22, now of Inter Milan, during the transfer window last month appear to have convinced Ireland that his days at City are numbered.

The 23-year-old hopes that Mancini will give him an extended run in his favoured role, but if the situation does not improve between now and the end of the season, Ireland may consider his options in the summer.

Manchester United have been linked with the player in the past, but it is hard to envisage City allowing him to join their fierce rivals.

He would not leave the club lightly and accepts that competition for places will be intense, but is unlikely to stay if it means fighting a losing battle.

More made up bollocks by the lazy journo's, not one direct quote again, says it all really.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.