still happy with the loss today and fa cup final

black mamba said:
ancoats said:
ok we got beat today but we played 3 games in a week and a wembley semi final vs chelsea on that pitch

we was never going to catch utd even if we won today so maybe mancini is playing
with players who will not start in the cup final and give them a rest and thats right in my book you got to keep the best players fresh and ready for the final

top 4 is in the bag and 2nd place is ours if we win our homes games then all good and happy today nobody pick up a injury and we move on to the next game

Top 4 isn't quite in the bag yet by my reckoning , but both that , and a 2nd placed finish WILL happen should we manage to win our three remaining home fixtures , as you say ...... todays result , whilst alarming , wasn't quite a disaster for us , and we have bigger fish to fry with the forthcoming cup final , but nevertheless it should serve as a warning for next season .... results like that won't be tolerated next time around , not if the manager values his job.
In total agreement with you black mamba.Results like today wont be tolerated next season for Mancini.Top4 is still in the bag for me.

Sky Blue said:
black mamba said:
ancoats said:
ok we got beat today but we played 3 games in a week and a wembley semi final vs chelsea on that pitch

we was never going to catch utd even if we won today so maybe mancini is playing
with players who will not start in the cup final and give them a rest and thats right in my book you got to keep the best players fresh and ready for the final

top 4 is in the bag and 2nd place is really ours if we win our homes games then all good and happy today nobody pick up a injury and we move on to the next game

Top 4 isn't quite in the bag yet , but both that , and a 2nd placed finish WILL happen should we manage to win our three remaining home fixtures , as you say ...... todays result , whilst alarming , wasn't quite a disaster for us , and we have bigger fish to fry with the forthcoming cup final , but nevertheless it should serve as a warning for next season .... results like that won't be tolerated next time around , not if the manager values his job.

And here comes Mamba to cheer me up. LOL

hehe ...

I just thought i better throw a quick one in before we shut up shop for the day 'sky blue' ..... it was a strange result today , for two thirds of the game I never felt Spurs were any threat whatsoever , then three goals are scored before we could say the word 'bluemoon'!

It was a result that 'flattered' Spurs a bit i think .... aside from that 15 minute (or so) 'purple patch' , they were never that good.

Still , like most of us , i feel surprisingly upbeat about it , probably because i know the league has already long gone ....... a City win today wouldn't really have made any difference to that.

And , at the end of the day , a 2nd placed finish , and a cup win , should we achieve both , is a worthwhile finish for any club .... we should be able to move on from this , if we aren't too tired !

Annoyed we made it easy for Utd at the death. Lost a bit of pride.

The team was not at it's strongest with tiredness and injury, but we got ourselves in a good situation and should have been able to see it through.

Lets see how the season ends in League and Cup.

Marvin said:

The team was not at it's strongest with tiredness and injury, but we got ourselves in a good situation and should have been able to see it through.

the injury to aguero was key to the season losing him for most of it is what killed us
also kompany aswell but we fight again next season we are not that far behind utd
and they know that we will be strong again next season

we are building in the right way and if you can pick up silverware every season then your are doing something right

ancoats said:
Marvin said:

the injury to aguero was key to the season losing him for most of it is what killed us
also kompany aswell but we fight again next season we are not that far behind utd
and they know that we will be strong again next season

we are building in the right way and if you can pick up silverware every season then your are doing something right
We'll see how the season progresses. If we recover from the fatigue and injury and the players show the fight and concentration that has been a characteristic of the team for most of Mancini's time at City, then I'll be confident that we will be ready to fight again next season. I don't want to see a City team give in and players switch off and coast. Edin Dzeko has become known for it, and now we've got Kompany at it too

Win some games and see where we are at the end of the season.

yatesy94 said:
I agree we should shift most of our concentration to winning that all important FA cup. Another win and draw and 2nd is all but secured I reckon. Backroom staff really need to be getting our summer targets tied up so they can participate in pre-season. Makes all the difference I feel giving players time to adapt.

bobby manc , for one , would agree with this post.

If we win the cup and finish 2nd I'm sure it's the closest we have ever come to doing the league and cup double and would go down as the most successful season we've ever had ( I may be wrong it's 7:30 am :)

If yesterday was a boxing match we were miles ahead on points and then from out of nowhere we got knocked out with a combination, it happens.

Spurs are one of the best teams in this division and won at the Swamp and on their day will beat anyone. We had no Silva or Aguero and Milner going off was a major blow.

Upwards and onwards

guvnors son mcfc said:
If we win the cup and finish 2nd I'm sure it's the closest we have ever come to doing the league and cup double and would go down as the most successful season we've ever had ( I may be wrong it's 7:30 am :)

If yesterday was a boxing match we were miles ahead on points and then from out of nowhere we got knocked out with a combination, it happens.

Spurs are one of the best teams in this division and won at the Swamp and on their day will beat anyone. We had no Silva or Aguero and Milner going off was a major blow.

Upwards and onwards

Losing Jimmy cost us the game tbh.. Aguero was never coming on,that would have been foolish tbh,why risk him in a game many thought wed lose anyway?? we have very winnable games coming up so we need Sergio for them.

Never happy with a loss and the tired spiel doesn't cut it in my book nor should it anywhere else for that matter.

No easy games in the premiership and I expect a top effort and 3 points against West Ham , anything else is unacceptable no matter where we are in relation to the summit or those trying to catch us for second place.

It was unacceptable to hand the title over in such an pathetic manner

If I was Mancini I'd be fuming with the players. I'd be unable to speak to them. I'd probably do something stupid and ask Dzeko to pick up the Premiership trophy and walk it to Old Trafford and plant it on the centre spot.

I hope there aren't any repeats of that display. It was like watching City of yesteryear - injuries or no injuries.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.