still happy with the loss today and fa cup final

AVB changed the game with his substitutions

we brought on kolarov, sinclair and lescott

:-(

Don't like to see City lose but have to keep a perspective, especially for any team that includes Dzeko, Kolarov, Nasry and often times, Barry, in the line-up. I wouldn't expect to win a game against a top six side when they feature. Intriguingly, Spurs now have a chance to push Chelsea or Arsenal out of the top four which would be a massive bonus for us: so looking back over the last fortnight all the results favoured us.

I think there are two cadres of city fans now: the ones like me who after a thirty odd year drought are just relaxed and enjoying it, and others whose expectations have risen to a level where they express disappointment at 'only' making it to an FA Cup Final. Look at United, so they've won it 20 times now, yet they've managed to devalue it totally in the process: they can (try and) celebrate this season the same way Celtic fans can, no-one else is that bothered. Its always going to be theirs to lose, which is why City's triumph last year will be remembered decades hence whereas 10-15 of United's have already blurred into nothingness.

The Premier league really does need to sort itself out as a competition because to me its pretty boring unless you happen to be in either the top or bottom three: I'd rather that problem was sorted out first, rather than start to worry about why City cannot win it every year.

I have to say I am one who was not too unhappy at the loss yesterday......

Always want City to win, but I knew as soon as Milner was replaced by Kola that we were in trouble. It effectively meant we were playing with 9.5 men ( as Dzeko was non existant all game ).... So ( I am ashamed to admit ) I put a tender on spurs win at 8/1 when we were winning.

It softened the blow a bit.....

But I do still feel its bit like getting ' dirty money'.....
please accept my apologies fellow blues as I need the money to try a pay for a cup final trip.

citytill1die84 said:
Yes we'll make 2nd so adding the FA Cup to it won't be a bad season. We need to concentrate on the summer now and start making the signings we need.
Simple as that, mate. That's how i view things. Dust ourselves down and go again next season in the Prem, let's get that FAC trophy and have a top day at Wembley. I'm happy!

Tony Adcock said:
I have to say I am one who was not too unhappy at the loss yesterday......

Always want City to win, but I knew as soon as Milner was replaced by Kola that we were in trouble. It effectively meant we were playing with 9.5 men ( as Dzeko was non existant all game ).... So ( I am ashamed to admit ) I put a tender on spurs win at 8/1 when we were winning.

It softened the blow a bit.....

But I do still feel its bit like getting ' dirty money'.....
please accept my apologies fellow blues as I need the money to try a pay for a cup final trip.

Money well spent then mate..

I really think we missed a trick this season and yesterday summed it up. We could have put the rags under more pressure than we have. We have lost and drawn games at the worst possible times and never really had a chance to make them sweat and feel the pressure.

I doubt a thumping win yesterday would have made much difference but we'll never know. It has been a season of "what ifs" in the league.

All in all we can't complain with a cup final and 2nd place. I'm already looking forward to Wembley and next season in the league.

ancoats said:
ok we got beat today but we played 3 games in a week and a wembley semi final vs chelsea on that pitch

we was never going to catch utd even if we won today so maybe mancini is playing
with players who will not start in the cup final and give them a rest and thats right in my book you got to keep the best players fresh and ready for the final

top 4 is in the bag and 2nd place is really ours if we win our homes games then all good and happy today nobody pick up a injury and we move on to the next game
Agreed...
I was upset but got to look ahead and be positive .

Blueside said:
Don't like to see City lose but have to keep a perspective, especially for any team that includes Dzeko, Kolarov, Nasry and often times, Barry, in the line-up. I wouldn't expect to win a game against a top six side when they feature.

m-m-m-m-m--m-m-m-m-m-m-m-multiwanker wanker...wanker....

Aguero_Element said:
Blueside said:
Don't like to see City lose but have to keep a perspective, especially for any team that includes Dzeko, Kolarov, Nasry and often times, Barry, in the line-up. I wouldn't expect to win a game against a top six side when they feature.

m-m-m-m-m--m-m-m-m-m-m-m-multiwanker wanker...wanker....

Incredible really. Those four play together, and presumably, you expect us to win against a top six side - how easy do you think this league actually is?

This attitude is exactly why we've lost the league title - the 'oh well never mind'. This has to change at our club if we're going to dominate. Talk is cheap.
We must want more. We have to hurt like they did and make sure we get it back. Quite a few of our players had this attitude - 2nd isnt good enough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.