still happy with the loss today and fa cup final

Prestwich_Blue said:
howiedeblue said:
everythingchangesbutblue said:
winning the F.A.cup and finishing 2nd is barely acceptable.truly astonishing.
cant believe ppl posting this .....5 years ago this would have been a dream....remember where you came from...NEVER FORGET!!!!
We aren't managed by Stuart Pearce or have Wardle as a chairman. We are a huge team on the global stage and have, whether anyone likes it or not, underachieved. That's the fact.

I'm looking to get a nice, upmarket, new car soon. If it breaks down or bits don't work as they should, I won't shrug my shoulders and say "Oh well, I used to have a crappy Vauxhall Viva so mustn't complain."

We have to get the best out of what we have and we know we can do that but we simply haven't done it enough for the last 18 months. And that's barely acceptable.
I know what you are saying but it doesn't matter who you are. If your rivals invest massively in the Summer, and you sell a striker without replacing them, and then lose your best striker to injury for a 1/3rd of the season you will do well to finish 2nd. There were other absences too eg Kompany, Toure and Silva but we seem to have coped with them

Hopefully 2nd finish and FA Cup. future is still bright with Academy and facilities being built. At least we have an exciting summer to look forward to.

I'm still a happy City fan.

When our super-rich new owners took over I was worried that typical City could become the first club to have loads of money and still not win anything.

The league win came sooner than I'd dared to hope and we also have a cup win too, and a good chance of another.

Another league title is vital though. One is a bit of a flash in the pan.

NoahCity said:
Hopefully 2nd finish and FA Cup. future is still bright with Academy and facilities being built. At least we have an exciting summer to look forward to.
Do we? We thought that 12 months ago. One thing having plans, another executing them.

There's only 2-3 players who can fill Mario's boots, and we might be better off bringing in young hungry players given the way that established stars like Balotelli and Dzeko have reacted to a place on the bench.

Prestwich_Blue said:
howiedeblue said:
everythingchangesbutblue said:
winning the F.A.cup and finishing 2nd is barely acceptable.truly astonishing.
cant believe ppl posting this .....5 years ago this would have been a dream....remember where you came from...NEVER FORGET!!!!
We aren't managed by Stuart Pearce or have Wardle as a chairman. We are a huge team on the global stage and have, whether anyone likes it or not, underachieved. That's the fact.

I'm looking to get a nice, upmarket, new car soon. If it breaks down or bits don't work as they should, I won't shrug my shoulders and say "Oh well, I used to have a crappy Vauxhall Viva so mustn't complain."

We have to get the best out of what we have and we know we can do that but we simply haven't done it enough for the last 18 months. And that's barely acceptable.

But even those huge teams that have been on the global stage far longer than us have seasons like the one we're having, perhaps even worse. Barca last season is a case in point and that's a team that's been lauded by many as the greatest ever. It's disappointing that we haven't kicked on this season but if we can get 2nd and win the FA Cup it will hardly be a disaster.

Marvin said:
NoahCity said:
Do we? We thought that 12 months ago. One thing having plans, another executing them.

There's only 2-3 players who can fill Mario's boots, and we might be better off bringing in young hungry players given the way that established stars like Balotelli and Dzeko have reacted to a place on the bench.[/quote
we won't make the same mistake like last summer with the Spanish in charge,I can guarantee you that.

It's been a shit season. Not just in terms of losing our title but how many really enjoyable games has there been? Can count on one hand our exciting matches or those I came away from buzzing at the performance. Most of them have been away. At home teams have come and been really negative and we haven't had the class we had last year to smash a load of goals past them.

That said, if we can win the FA Cup we'll have salvaged something and can build in the summer knowing winning trophies is becoming a habit. We'll be back.

jimharri said:
If we get beat having given it our best shot, then fair enough. I can live with that, just. But the second half was all too familiar of some of our non-performances this season (won't list them, you all know them). Everyone could see what was coming. Well; nearly everyone.

I feel the same way. Get beat at your best, tip your cap. No real effort in the second half. Similar to the last 20 mns against Chelsea. People standing around praying for things to happen. Kompany praying that his man was offside. Had an clear and easy ball to kick out of bounds for a corner. Yaya refused to track back as usual. etc... Nobody worked to get the ball back. Frustrating.

EL APACHE TEVEZ said:
Marvin said:
NoahCity said:

There's only 2-3 players who can fill Mario's boots, and we might be better off bringing in young hungry players given the way that established stars like Balotelli and Dzeko have reacted to a place on the bench.[/quote
we won't make the same mistake like last summer with the Spanish in charge,I can guarantee you that.
You can't guarantee that, and they wouldn't either. You can identify targets but the players that will make a difference will be targeted by Europe's best. Alexis Sanchez chose Barcelona. Hazard chose Chelsea etc. The strikers we've been linked with Falcao and Cavani for example are unlikely to come here in my opinion. Falcao because most South Americans play in Spain and he will have the world's best clubs chasing him, and Cavani's fee will be ridiculous and he might prefer Chelsea who will also be after a striker.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.