Stock up on bog roll here we go again

I remember during the ebola epidemic, they mentioned that one of the reasons it doesn't spread too far is because it's basically too effective at killing people. Things like covid are relatively mild for most people, so that allows it to spread more and over time actually kill a higher number of people, even though your individual chance of surviving it is very high. As I understand it, this disease is more towards the ebola end than the covid end in that if you get it, it's quite dangerous. Hopefully that means it won't be spreading a huge amount. Famous last words and all that.

One of the most important differences here is that Covid is a respiratory disease that is spread by airborne particles. You only have to be in the same room as an infected person to be at risk. As I understand it, this one isn't airborne but spread by close skin-to-skin contact (in the last outbreak it was mostly sexual partners) so you are far less likely to contract it. Hence, it is extremely unlikely that we would need lockdowns to deal with it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.