Stoke City V Man City - pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will repeat this for the 2nd time. We will win this game. Probably easily too. There, I said it, and I don't take it back.

gazinho said:
Jesus Christ there are some right vaginas on here, weve been poor recently granted but talk of the manager to be sacked, Stoke being our toughest away fixture to date and dropping Hart are quite frankly ridiculous.

I expect us to grind out a win Wednesday night and whilst it will be anything but easy Stoke are nowhere near as good nor as physical as they have been in years gone by.

On a side note (and possible proof I also talk rubbish) I also think the blue dippers will get a point at Chelsea!

Finished 9th last season, there highest ever premier league position and since then signed Bardsley, some German bloke, Muniesa, Moses, Diouf and the old Messi in Bojan.

Evening folks, I'm looking forward to Wednesday's game, will be the usual tight encounter at The Brit I reckon. For those suggesting you should pack the team with your tallest most physical players, statistically we are something like 19th in the league for goals scored at set pieces and in the top 4 or 5 for goals conceded so probably not the way to beat us these days.

We've done well against teams who have come and attacked us (apart from Chelsea who were superb on the night) but struggled against teams like Burnley/Leicester who took the lead and parked the bus. It's actually a good time to be playing us a we're down to the bare bones, and with a comfortable league position we may have one eye on the Blackburn cup game on Saturday.

Depending on a couple of late fitness tests our team will be as follows:

Begovic

Cameron
Wollscheid
Muniesa
Bardsley

N'Zonzi
Whelan

Arnautovic
Walters
Moses

Diouf

He might go for Crouch as he has a half decent scoring record against you, but as we play more on the counter these days I think he'll go for the pace of Diouf instead.

gazinho said:
Jesus Christ there are some right vaginas on here, weve been poor recently granted but talk of the manager to be sacked, Stoke being our toughest away fixture to date and dropping Hart are quite frankly ridiculous.

I expect us to grind out a win Wednesday night and whilst it will be anything but easy Stoke are nowhere near as good nor as physical as they have been in years gone by.

On a side note (and possible proof I also talk rubbish) I also think the blue dippers will get a point at Chelsea!

I bet many can't recall us beating Stoke away since they came into the Premiership... that's because we haven't only in the Cup in 2012/13.

I can't see Everton getting a thing, they're like us with no plan going forward, just lump it to the donkey Lukaku.

richards30 said:
Gabriel said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
I think we may see Kolorov and Sagna in this game. Stoke are all about set piece plays and crouch height.

If we play zab,clichy,Fernandinho, Aguero, Silva and Nasri, we are seriously lacking in height.

Agree, though Crouch will win every high ball, regardless, and probably in both boxes as well.

He's no need to worry in his own box with our fucking corners!!!!! ;-)

He could struggle a bit as the ball would only get up to his waist.

Scottyboi said:
We need to win ugly and adopt a physical approach for this one, we aren't going to pass around Stoke we have to go through them and battle. Our team is capable of it.

.....................................Callabero...........................................
Zab..............komp.........................demi....................Kolarov
......................................fernando..........................................
.................milner................................fernandino.................
navas........................................................................silva
...................................dzeko...........................................

Grind an away win out with that team, we need to be direct as fuck for once and hit Edin with as many balls as possible.

Physical approach and Edin do not go together.

We really need the lads to step up here because a loss or draw and Chelsea win and it is well and truly all over for me leaving us with a season defining game against a very in-form Barcelona team.

Wretched Vengeance said:
Scottyboi said:
We need to win ugly and adopt a physical approach for this one, we aren't going to pass around Stoke we have to go through them and battle. Our team is capable of it.

.....................................Callabero...........................................
Zab..............komp.........................demi....................Kolarov
......................................fernando..........................................
.................milner................................fernandino.................
navas........................................................................silva
...................................dzeko...........................................

Grind an away win out with that team, we need to be direct as fuck for once and hit Edin with as many balls as possible.

Physical approach and Edin do not go together.

I have been feeding him steroids he wants to chew baby's faces off he is ready to run them ragged!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.