Stoke City V Man City - pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Call me a fool but I'm far more confident about so called 'tricky' away fixtures than I am about any home match. 1-3 City!!

bellsouth said:
Call me a fool but I'm far more confident about so called 'tricky' away fixtures than I am about any home match. 1-3 City!!
Don't have to deal with the energy sapping "supporters" in the crowd for one.

leech said:
bellsouth said:
Don't have to deal with the energy sapping "supporters" in the crowd for one.

I think our players are probably relieved when they have 3,000 or so singing Blues with them on the road as opposed to 90% of fans showing no passion at the Etihad unless Dzeko or Navas misplace a pass.

Re: Stoke City V Man City

Dunne's own goal said:
Kun Aguero said:
After that abysmal showing we move on.
Must win game.
Can't see us winning.

1-1.

Please no Fernando.

indeed. if you are reading this Pelle:

PLEASE no Fernando.

Can't see anything other than a Fern-Fern midfield pairing. He's nothing if not stubborn our boss.

Re: Stoke City V Man City

Chippy_boy said:
Dunne's own goal said:
Kun Aguero said:
After that abysmal showing we move on.
Must win game.
Can't see us winning.

1-1.

Please no Fernando.

indeed. if you are reading this Pelle:

PLEASE no Fernando.

Can't see anything other than a Fern-Fern midfield pairing. He's nothing if not stubborn our boss.

IMO the two Ferns should only ever play together against Barcelona or Bayern.

We've drawn in six of the last seven visits to Stoke which is not a good omen but there again before this season's visit to Sunderland we'd lost most of our visits there one nil and we won well against Sunderland. Also our away form is a bit better than our home form so I'm hoping we can turn up trumps with a big win. We really need to build on the visit to Chelsea and win all the future matches if we're going to be champions.

it's long been a season of mentality over ability, many are suffering from pressure, nerves, assuming a win, spirit and perhaps lack of motivation (maybe, that's questionable though).

away they seem more comfortable no doubt - for whatever reasons we want to offer - so i think we may turn Stoke over in a bit of a dogfight, 1-2. Expect Milner and Navas here.

prestwichpotter said:
Evening folks, I'm looking forward to Wednesday's game, will be the usual tight encounter at The Brit I reckon. For those suggesting you should pack the team with your tallest most physical players, statistically we are something like 19th in the league for goals scored at set pieces and in the top 4 or 5 for goals conceded so probably not the way to beat us these days.

We've done well against teams who have come and attacked us (apart from Chelsea who were superb on the night) but struggled against teams like Burnley/Leicester who took the lead and parked the bus. It's actually a good time to be playing us a we're down to the bare bones, and with a comfortable league position we may have one eye on the Blackburn cup game on Saturday.

Depending on a couple of late fitness tests our team will be as follows:

Begovic

Cameron
Wollscheid
Muniesa
Bardsley

N'Zonzi
Whelan

Arnautovic
Walters
Moses

Diouf

He might go for Crouch as he has a half decent scoring record against you, but as we play more on the counter these days I think he'll go for the pace of Diouf instead.

I honestly can't see a win for us at Stoke and I think we need to put in a very good performance just to share the points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.