Stoke City V Man City - pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kun Aguero said:
gazinho said:
Jesus Christ there are some right vaginas on here, weve been poor recently granted but talk of the manager to be sacked, Stoke being our toughest away fixture to date and dropping Hart are quite frankly ridiculous.

I expect us to grind out a win Wednesday night and whilst it will be anything but easy Stoke are nowhere near as good nor as physical as they have been in years gone by.

On a side note (and possible proof I also talk rubbish) I also think the blue dippers will get a point at Chelsea!

Finished 9th last season, there highest ever premier league position and since then signed Bardsley, some German bloke, Muniesa, Moses, Diouf and the old Messi in Bojan.

8 points better off than at the same time last year.

Bit of a sleeper Stoke , Leslie doing much the same with them as he did with Blackburn ie onthe fringes if they play fair for Europe.

To say they are nowhere near as good as they were last year or the year before that is ignoring the facts.

On the day anything can happen but we are in a big big rut and they are moving along ok.

As I said if you were a bookie you would have Stoke favourites with the emphasis on the draw.

Cannot see us getting any joy there to be honest.

No YAYA no City lives on for another match.

These have a tricky cup game at Blackburn at the weekend so there could be a chance of a few dropped players as they are pretty safe in 10th. Can't see them going all out to try and get a win, it will probably be the usual defensive job done on us by most teams nowadays.

We still right now have the best away form in the league so we should be able to get a comfortable 3 points.

mancity1 said:
Kun Aguero said:
gazinho said:
Jesus Christ there are some right vaginas on here, weve been poor recently granted but talk of the manager to be sacked, Stoke being our toughest away fixture to date and dropping Hart are quite frankly ridiculous.

I expect us to grind out a win Wednesday night and whilst it will be anything but easy Stoke are nowhere near as good nor as physical as they have been in years gone by.

On a side note (and possible proof I also talk rubbish) I also think the blue dippers will get a point at Chelsea!

Finished 9th last season, there highest ever premier league position and since then signed Bardsley, some German bloke, Muniesa, Moses, Diouf and the old Messi in Bojan.

Bit of a sleeper Stoke , Leslie doing much the same with them as he did with Blackburn ie onthe fringes if they play fair for Europe.

To say they are nowhere near as good as they were last year or the year before that is ignoring the facts.

On the day anything can happen but we are in a big big rut and they are moving along ok.

As I said if you were a bookie you would have Stoke favourites with the emphasis on the draw.

Think we're due a win and our away record is so much better than our home record. Also Stoke aren't so defensively minded anymore with the likes of Bojan etc... so maybe it will be more open and we can play our type of football and smash them! Tipping Aguero to score his first goal since coming back from injury!

pcylfe said:
mancity1 said:
Kun Aguero said:

Think we're due a win and our away record is so much better than our home record. Also Stoke aren't so defensively minded anymore with the likes of Bojan etc... so maybe it will be more open and we can play our type of football and smash them! Tipping Aguero to score his first goal since coming back from injury!

Bojan injured his knee a couple of weeks ago and it was widely reported that he is out for the rest of the season.

Ric said:
Fully fit squad again, according to Pellegrini.

The problems seem to have started now he has everyone fit! Needs to find his best team and system for the rest of the season! No changing 4/5 players a game at most 2 unless injurys and suspensions hit us

Stoke will be tough, they never seem to throw in the towel against the big sides and relish playing in these games. They aren't as physical and that might play into our hands - we just need to win the midfield battle and to do so I think we should be playing 4-2-3-1 with Fernando and Fernandinho doing the leg work as they did at Chelsea and then Silva playing behind Aguero with Nasri and Navas wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.