Stoke (merged)

Re: Stoke Fans - Forum

Wife came down yesterday and met her at Watford Junction. There were a few Stoke fans hanging about. Some went to shake my hand (Had my City top on) Felt harsh refusing there hand shake as there extra two fingers may have had me watch away

riggymcfc123 said:
Some harsh comments on here!
I know a couple of Stokies, good lads, very knowledgeable however they are- by their own admision-a bit paranoid due to the shit press they get (sounds familier !) but they're just as passionate about their club as we are of ours and if the atmosphere created by both sets of fans over the weekend is anything to go by then the Final should be a classic.
As for the game itself, i think we set our standards on saturday against Utd and only a repeat performence will be good enough to get past Stoke! As for those who think stoke are a one trick pony (Delap throw-ins) look at their goals yesterday, all five on the deck! they've moved on from the long ball and now play with pace and width. If we win the cup, we're gonna have to earn it, a big effort from us fans and a repeat performence from the players will be needed!
I'm really looking forward to the day and i'd be more than happy to share a few beers with their fans before the match, two sets of passionate fans and two teams desperate to win the cup, its got all the makings of one of the greatest cup finals ever!...Come on City(Man)!!! :)

One of the few sensible posts... they scored a couple of excellent goals at spurs too, a feat we failed to do if memory serves correctly....lets give them the respect they desrve ffs.....we are not arrogant trafford rangers and never will be.

They have earned respect the same as wimbledon did a good few years ago but that doesnt change the fact that we are not playing at the Brittania is huge,19 of there 39 goals have come from set pieces thats pretty much 50% in my reckoning so that says alot about them.
Our midfield is far far superior to Boltons ,have we forgotten how they played against us over the last couple of seasons,humping it up looking for throw ins and fighting for the second ball,this will not serve them well at wembley against a team that will be far superior and pass them of the park.They have plenty of spirit but this will not be enough,if we score first it will be a rout and six fingers wont be enough to count the goals we will score.

Hi there Stoke fan here. (with out the extra fingers) just been reading your threads (yes a few of us can read) dont think we will be as easy to beat as you think! we never gave Bolton a chance to even get their shit together and we were 3 nil up by half time.

expect the same in the final.

Hehe.

I love the way this thread has turned into a rather aggressive and vicious version of the old classic: a pessimist pleasantly surprised, or an optimist disappointed?

Oh dear.

southern muppet said:
MCFC BOB said:
I think Stoke will win. We don't understand how to play against them, and we haven't beaten them since Mancini's first game in charge of us.

They can't play to their full usual style on a wide pitch though. And they just have far inferior players. The odds are stacked in our favour. If we can beat United at Wembley we can beat Stoke there.

.......errr......correct me if I'm wrong but Stoke did not play there usual style on a wide pitch at Wembley ....what was that result again?

From the Oatcake:

wow!!!

i love the posts about attendances when i lower leagues!! sure their attendances were just as bad when they suffered in the 2nd and 3rd tiers of english football!

ah shit!!! i bet none of them even knew Man City existed then!!

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=Potters&action=display&thread=158365&page=2#ixzz1JtZuTuhe" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/ind ... z1JtZuTuhe</a>

What a balloon.

Do you want to tell him or should I?

deynaskaz said:
They have earned respect the same as wimbledon did a good few years ago but that doesnt change the fact that we are not playing at the Brittania is huge,19 of there 39 goals have come from set pieces thats pretty much 50% in my reckoning so that says alot about them.
Our midfield is far far superior to Boltons ,have we forgotten how they played against us over the last couple of seasons,humping it up looking for throw ins and fighting for the second ball,this will not serve them well at wembley against a team that will be far superior and pass them of the park.They have plenty of spirit but this will not be enough,if we score first it will be a rout and six fingers wont be enough to count the goals we will score.

Sheesh, some people just never learn. A six goal rout? You're utterly deluded.

Damocles said:
From the Oatcake:

wow!!!

i love the posts about attendances when i lower leagues!! sure their attendances were just as bad when they suffered in the 2nd and 3rd tiers of english football!

ah shit!!! i bet none of them even knew Man City existed then!!

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=Potters&action=display&thread=158365&page=2#ixzz1JtZuTuhe" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/ind ... z1JtZuTuhe</a>

What a balloon.

Do you want to tell him or should I?

What? City were around before 2008? News to me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.