Stoke (merged)

Re: Stoke Fans - Forum

bwfcchick said:
This sounds biased but they beat us because they wanted it more and we were disgraceful. Cost me a fortune and it's the worst I've seen us play all year. Stoke fans are horrible - they're arseholes every time they come to the Reebok and they were arseholes at Wembley. Granted, Wanderers (and City!) have a percentage of awful fans but Stoke are just like United fans - deluded yet they have nothing to make them behave this way. I hope you beat them on May 14th - simply because they're vile. Plus I'm sick of the red half of Manchester getting everything - it's about time another North West club challenged. Just don't go all arrogant like the enemy and you'll be reet.

I wanted Stoke to beat Wanderers after all I got from the Wanderers fans was "its gunna be a Wanderers United final". Plus all that 'lets do it for Nat' bollox was a bit embarrassing.

But on the day I felt for Bolton and their fans. You never really got out the blocks. I don't mean this to sound patronising but I did feel sorry for you being so badly beaten and now the dust has settled I actually wish it was Bolton we were playing on May 14th.

dont mind stoke. passionate fans with a team that works really hard for each other. i think city have the better team tho and it should be a good day out. hopefully the better side win.

Frankly I am sick to death about the media perception of sjoke as "great fans". I have managed to check back the average home league attendances for the last 27 years; for the 3 years in the premier leage the averages are 27k this year, 27k last year, 27k the year before, so 27k over the last 3 years.

For the 24 years before that the averages were:-

So an average over those 24 years of 12k - got no problem with the 12k hard core, but the other 15k are hardly loyal long term fans are they? Considering the size of the conurbation I would say that was pretty shit support, and port vale are not exactly taking too many away from them

BringBackSwales said:
Frankly I am sick to death about the media perception of sjoke as "great fans". I have managed to check back the average home league attendances for the last 27 years; for the 3 years in the premier leage the averages are 27k this year, 27k last year, 27k the year before, so 27k over the last 3 years.

For the 24 years before that the averages were:-

So an average over those 24 years of 12k - got no problem with the 12k hard core, but the other 15k are hardly loyal long term fans are they? Considering the size of the conurbation I would say that was pretty shit support, and port vale are not exactly taking too many away from them
the media allude to the fact that its purely the acoustics of their ground which make them loud fans, we'll see at wembley who's fooking louder.

lionheart said:
Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
Port Vale play in Burslam.
Stoke City play in Stoke.
. Having graduated from their local university (Keele), where I spent three happy years back in the late-70s, I am glad to see Poke (as we students called them) enjoying some success, but they will be no match for Manchester City.

Yeah, I was at Keele in the late 70's based at The Hawthorns and graduating in 1981. Couldn't go to the Thursday cup final replay because I had finals next day. Definitely stuck in a time warp but they were the best three years of my life. Used to go to Stoke regularly with my mates. We're having a reunion at the final. Overall, I like them and, if we were to lose, then I'd like them to have the pleasure of winning something rather than the usual suspects.

I don't like Stoke, never have, never will, BUT...

You have to give credit where it is due: they play to their strengths. They have some very solid and physical players (Shawcross & Huth) and are trying to blend in a bit of skill an pace (Penant and Etherington). Now you may all deride those four, but the sum of their parts clearly works for Stoke. Pulis is doing a very good job for them in his second spell (despite numerous clayheads being horrified at his re-appointment!)

Clearly they are not unbeatable, but let's be a little more mindful and respectful of our opponents in the Final.

Stoke is undoubtedly a shithole, but that is down to years of underfunding from successive governments, just in the same way Manchester, Liverpool and Newcastle to name but 3 other cities have suffered previously. Electing BNP members isn't the answer though! Shame on you clayheads.

Can't see the day being peaceable unfortunately, as they have always had a huge issue with City for some reason only know to them. I just hope they don't behave like those animals last Saturday and attack innocents/scarfers/women/kids etc.

Stoke fans reading this

I have no intension of stoking (no pun intended) up the fires or fanning the flames, as after the behaviour of the rag scum on Saturday I really hope that May 14th is a great day out for everyone..

..but if you honestly think you are better than City fans and are coming to take over wembley you can all go fuck yourselves as you are even more delirious than I thought.

We have the best behaved, most passionate supporters in the country and you glory hunting twats don't even come close to us.

You are just a bunch of ecconomy class Tom Jones impersonators living in some god awful no man's land between the north west and the midlands. Stoke is the closest England has to a third world slum.

So enjoy your day on 14th, who knows the result may even go your way, but if you think your are going to get a result against us blues then think again.

We saw off the rag scum without too much difficultly, you little boys and wannabe hooligans from stoke don't even figure on our radar.

So please behave yourselves and don't spoil the day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.