Stoke post match

Very impressed again can only think ov 2 chances stoke had which is very impresive down there! Also coming of the back of a european away game! Thought silva ran his bollocks off but kdb has to do more in that role or he could makeway for gudongan stones was immense and looks money well spent sergio,nolito gonna bag loads of goals this season and sterling looks reborn!

Its time they stopped that way of defending corners for me, getting in the way, not even looking at the ball, it should be a foul, just like the arm or shirt pull.

If these refs are going to stamp down on it good, and it sounds like they've told all the clubs, and TV pundits, so if it takes 4 penalties a game for a few weeks, good, because it will stop it. Defending should be about tackling, winning headers, interceptions etc, not stopping people illegally like that, hopefully Pep will tell them to defend properly now.

As for todays game, I thought we were quite lucky, we started poorly for me, but slowly improved through the first half, but our passing wasn't great, and much of the second half I thought we were quite poor, especially at passing, but also holding onto the ball too long when something better was on. Nolito's 2 goals were good though, and had Aguero still been on the pitch it could have been a nervy finish, because we wouldn't have won the ball back in the first place, and Sergio would have taken the shot, not passed.

None of that matters through because come May, it will still be a 4-1 away win, and given the long trip to Romania midweek, new players, new manager, new system, the Hart situation, its a great result.

We weren't lucky, aside perhaps from Kola not being penalised for a penalty, we were the superior side and fully deserved to win. I think time may well show that the penalty that was awarded was very harsh: l doubt you will see many penalties given for similar offences to Sterling's.

Having just seen it again, Sterling moves towards Shawcross & is pushed backwards by Shawcross before any contact s made. So it's a free kick to us.

No wonder you believe the world is against us if thats how you view the incident.

Shawcross has his eyes firmly onto the flight of the ball and is moving towards where he anticipates it will arrive. Sterling on the other hand is bizarrely not even looking at the ball and sole intention is to block his run.

No idea wtf Souness and Quinn were going on about. What more do they want?
I thought we handled a windy highly hostile atmosphere at a place where we usually get bugger all magnificently.
No idea how they can claim 4-1 was flattering.
The boys were superb today!
Oh and the singing was the icing on the cake.
Brilliant day all in all.

No wonder you believe the world is against us if thats how you view the incident.

Shawcross has his eyes firmly onto the flight of the ball and is moving towards where he anticipates it will arrive. Sterling on the other hand is bizarrely not even looking at the ball and sole intention is to block his run.

Except he doesn't. Shawcross pushes him before he gets there.

You can't obstruct someone without blocking them. Shawcross is tge one who pushes Sterling backwards before the ball comes in. Why is he allowed to do that before any contact ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.