Stoke post match

So what was his purpose of not watching the ball and doing it then if not to obstruct the player?

He was stopping Frankenstein from pushing him out of the way. If he then genuinely obstructed him, & used his arms it would give the ref a decision to make. The ref gave the decision just as Shawcross pushed him, before any real physical alercation had begun & told Sterling it was because he didn't look at the ball. No such thing as periphereal vision then.

Webb just said refs have been told to look for clear instances not a bit of a push & shove.

You can't stop someone by just touching them ,unless it's putting them off by tickling their willy.
Its time they stopped that way of defending corners for me, getting in the way, not even looking at the ball, it should be a foul, just like the arm or shirt pull.

If these refs are going to stamp down on it good, and it sounds like they've told all the clubs, and TV pundits, so if it takes 4 penalties a game for a few weeks, good, because it will stop it. Defending should be about tackling, winning headers, interceptions etc, not stopping people illegally like that, hopefully Pep will tell them to defend properly now.

As for todays game, I thought we were quite lucky, we started poorly for me, but slowly improved through the first half, but our passing wasn't great, and much of the second half I thought we were quite poor, especially at passing, but also holding onto the ball too long when something better was on. Nolito's 2 goals were good though, and had Aguero still been on the pitch it could have been a nervy finish, because we wouldn't have won the ball back in the first place, and Sergio would have taken the shot, not passed.

None of that matters through because come May, it will still be a 4-1 away win, and given the long trip to Romania midweek, new players, new manager, new system, the Hart situation, its a great result.

Of course they should. If a stoke player had done that to a City striker it would be a different story.

If you obstruct a player, by grabbing/pushing/touching, trying to advance towards the ball its a foul.

I gathef you are joking ?

It was Shawcross. He has been Rugby tacking our players blatantly for years at both ends

Pep; "you'll see while I'm manager of Manchester City that I will speak few few few times about the decisions of the referees, I'm not a guy that likes to complain"

Just how I like it!

Its time they stopped that way of defending corners for me, getting in the way, not even looking at the ball, it should be a foul, just like the arm or shirt pull.

If these refs are going to stamp down on it good, and it sounds like they've told all the clubs, and TV pundits, so if it takes 4 penalties a game for a few weeks, good, because it will stop it. Defending should be about tackling, winning headers, interceptions etc, not stopping people illegally like that, hopefully Pep will tell them to defend properly now.

As for todays game, I thought we were quite lucky, we started poorly for me, but slowly improved through the first half, but our passing wasn't great, and much of the second half I thought we were quite poor, especially at passing, but also holding onto the ball too long when something better was on. Nolito's 2 goals were good though, and had Aguero still been on the pitch it could have been a nervy finish, because we wouldn't have won the ball back in the first place, and Sergio would have taken the shot, not passed.

None of that matters through because come May, it will still be a 4-1 away win, and given the long trip to Romania midweek, new players, new manager, new system, the Hart situation, its a great result.

They clearly haven't been told that according to Webb. Not what Dean did against Sterling
So what was his purpose of not watching the ball and doing it then if not to obstruct the player?

The same as the 6 Arsenal players Webb just said were ok doing the same thing.

Love how much quicker we are at winning the ball back and covering ground. The passing seems a bit off in the final third but that will come in time. Sterling's all round improvement is evident, just needs to work on a consistent pass/shot selection in the final third. Also loving Silva, tracking back, controlling the game in deep positions. De Bruyne looks a bit lost so far, he should pick it up soon.

Stones was brilliant, so good on the ball and was sound defensively.

Actually thought we were really poor today. Our attacking movements were shocking at times.

It's pretty ominous for the rest of the league though when we score four whilst playing poorly.

The only directive is a clarification that to impede an opponent is an indirect free kick but to impede an opponent with contact is a direct free kick. That just means the opponent makes sure there is contact.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.