Stoke post match

No wonder you believe the world is against us if thats how you view the incident.

Shawcross has his eyes firmly onto the flight of the ball and is moving towards where he anticipates it will arrive. Sterling on the other hand is bizarrely not even looking at the ball and sole intention is to block his run.

Except he doesn't. Shawcross pushes him before he gets there.

You can't obstruct someone without blocking them. Shawcross is tge one who pushes Sterling backwards before the ball comes in. Why is he allowed to do that before any contact ?

Great result at a difficult away place; didn't expect us to win by such score at Stoke!

First away test out of the way, encouraging signs.

Was out today so didn't see the match kept in touch through checking my phone,was slightly worried about this game as we have struggled at Stoke over the last few years what a surprise when I check just before halftime to see us 2 up.Ended up a very good win and believe sterling had a decent game again,aguero at the moment is on fire and nice to see nolito bag a couple as well..On a side note the two play-off games (champs league) could be a blessing in disguise considering we only had the three pre season games,and help get players up to speed roll on weds night...

No chance mate. Shawcross is trying to attack the space and Sterling is facing the opposite way to the ball and blocking his path into that area. Sterlings whole purpose is to block his run its completely indefensible.
Actually Sterling doesnt foul Shawcross but he impedes his movement by obstructing him so it should be an indirect freekick

Actually thought we were really poor today. Our attacking movements were shocking at times.

It's pretty ominous for the rest of the league though when we score four whilst playing poorly.

If you think that was poor you ain't been with us long have you ? ;)

I think time may well show that the penalty that was awarded was very harsh: l doubt you will see many penalties given for similar offences to Sterling's.
I suspect you are right, but I hope not, as I said if they cracked down on it, it would be good.

When I said "lucky", I did mean with the foul by Kolarov, as had they got it and scored it would have been a different game.

I agree that we deserved to win overall, but I thought 4-1 flattered us really, and I didn't think our passing was good, especially under pressure (Willies was pretty awful), and that we dallied on the ball too long, especially in forward areas.

Actually thought we were really poor today. Our attacking movements were shocking at times.

It's pretty ominous for the rest of the league though when we score four whilst playing poorly.
+1
First half was okay but the second half wasn't great. For large parts the pressing, intensity and movement just stopped. Like you said the fact we still managed to put 4 past Stoke at their place is very exciting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.