Stoke post match

Just watched the extended highlights on the OS and noticed that Kun came off the pitch at a fast pace today - last season he would have dawdled off. I think he is reacting really positively to the Pep approach. The other thing is that Pep made a point of recognising each player as they came off.

Just watched the extended highlights on the OS and noticed that Kun came off the pitch at a fast pace today - last season he would have dawdled off. I think he is reacting really positively to the Pep approach. The other thing is that Pep made a point of recognising each player as they came off.
+1
I can't say how important this is. It's absolutely clear that Kun, in spite of being on a hat trick, had no problem coming off. His head didn't dip when pulled off. He came off willingly. And Pep went out of his way to congratulate Kun, giving him a pat before Kun took the bench.

Not only is Pep a master technician, he's a great motivator. This was Pellegrini's biggest fault by far - Pellers lost the entire side, turning football into a joyless job. Players listlessly wandering the pitch, not giving a shit about whether we won or lost. It's a miracle we finished 4th last year.

Apologies if this has already been mentioned in an earlier post,or different thread, but where was Brian Kidd yesterday? I don't remember seeing him with any of the players.

That was a great result yday at ground where we always seem to struggle and like a few have said not many teams are goin score 4 goals there also great to see pep celebrating with fans at end of match

+1
I can't say how important this is. It's absolutely clear that Kun, in spite of being on a hat trick, had no problem coming off. His head didn't dip when pulled off. He came off willingly. And Pep went out of his way to congratulate Kun, giving him a pat before Kun took the bench.

Not only is Pep a master technician, he's a great motivator. This was Pellegrini's biggest fault by far - Pellers lost the entire side, turning football into a joyless job. Players listlessly wandering the pitch, not giving a shit about whether we won or lost. It's a miracle we finished 4th last year.
Absolutely bang on posts these. Aguero does seem to feel more "peppy" this season ;)
Another example to the ones you both mentioned is one I noticed in the Tunnel Cam videos. Aguero, in the past, has been the last player to line up in the tunnel. He has always ambled behind the rest of the team when walking out into the stadium and there was always a noticable gap between him and the rest of the team. Like a rockstar standing out in a crowd, almost involuntarily. Vs Sunderland, for the first time, I saw him moving along with the team, as if he was "one of them".
It was a very small difference,and I may be proven wrong about it later, but it genuinely looks like there's a strong team ethic that Pep has instilled in the squad.

good spot.

Tell you what, it was bloody tough at times today but I still never really doubted us. There's a fire in the belly that's been missing for a few years. The way we shut Stoke down before picking them off was ruthless and reminded me of the 2011/12 season - but with infinitely more tricks up our sleeve than the "yaya up top" trick
bang on. i love seeing City in a proper dog fight,winning them games lays down a marker.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.