Stoke post match

I don't agree about harmless, Shawcross against Sterling at the back post is too big a mismatch and other sides will be looking at that as a possible weakness

It's difficult to know what to do.

Pep has had Silva, Sterling etc trying to stop big players from getting a run on goal & it's worked, as we have barely conceded a free header from a corner yet, wheras last season,it was two or 3 per game.

Suddenly, in one game out of 100s played, just one ref decides what Sterling did was against the rules. Even the opponent said he was told the new rules & what Sterling did was ok in his opinion, but one ref in the whole league said it isn't.

So do we now change the way we defend, to suit Mike Dean, or do we carry on doing what we are doing & hope the next ref interprets the rules the same way everyone except Mike Dean did ? And why do we suddenly want to help long ball aerial teams to score from set pieces by making any kind of phsical defending almost illegal ?

And guess which team is suddenly full of 7 ft monsters & plays long balls ?

I just don't get this booing of Sterling at all. Would like to go on to one of the Stoke forums and ask for an explanation as I don't get it.
Asked one of them at the Graun blt:
  • Just a question, why your fans booed young Raheem? Are they red scousers in disguise or just your statistical portion of idiots?

• Back when he played for Liverpool, during a match at the Btit (365) he was responsible for one of the most blatant pieces of simulation . I don't recall the details but it involved a goal and possibly red card and penalty etc. Anyway, plenty of others do recall
    and he gets booed for it. By and large we suffer a bit from not: forgetting, forgiving and moving on.

Been really impressed with our Zabba i felt sure last season would be his last, but full credit i think he will fight it out with Sagna for the right back spot. With Kolorov starting to impress, i worry more about the middle If we manage to off load Mangala(thought he would come good under Pep ) then we are praying Vinny stays clear of his swan lake act

Been really impressed with our Zabba i felt sure last season would be his last, but full credit i think he will fight it out with Sagna for the right back spot. With Kolorov starting to impress, i worry more about the middle If we manage to off load Mangala(thought he would come good under Pep ) then we are praying Vinny stays clear of his swan lake act

There will be no fighting for spots they will be rotated like the rest of the squad because of number of games

Bit odd, but I decided to vlog my away trip to the Britannia, or the Bet365 as it's now known as. If anyone fancies watching it here you go!

Asked one of them at the Graun blt:
  • Just a question, why your fans booed young Raheem? Are they red scousers in disguise or just your statistical portion of idiots?

• Back when he played for Liverpool, during a match at the Btit (365) he was responsible for one of the most blatant pieces of simulation . I don't recall the details but it involved a goal and possibly red card and penalty etc. Anyway, plenty of others do recall
    and he gets booed for it. By and large we suffer a bit from not: forgetting, forgiving and moving on.

Thanks Celesteltis. The response you got sounds a load of old bollocks to me. So they remembered him diving a couple of years ago whilst playing for another team and since then he's been singled out by the Stoke boo boys?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.