Stoke Vs City (FA Cup) Post match Discussion Thread

Missed chances excepted I thought it was a very good performance, the pitch looked terrible and their tactics were thuggish as usual, and another ground ticked off the list, home draw would be good for the next round

LoveCity said:
Luke_mcfc said:
We've kept 5 clean sheets in a row. We are 5 points off of top spot. Into 5th round. I understand your concerns but I think we are doing reasonably well.

And I wouldn't suggest we're not doing reasonably well, but some people on Bluemoon make even the slightest criticism out to be an attack on the club. My point is simply if we were more clinical we'd be top of the league and the lack of a clinical edge persists.

I have to agree... everything we do is top apart from taking our chances

Don't know what City fans at the game thought, but on tv the Stoke fans come across as a complete bunch of simpleton fuckwits, cheering for long periods if we misplaced a pass, overly booing when we got a free-kick for an obvious foul, sarcastically cheering when they got a free-kick (as if they should have had far more) and even booing Garcia after Whelan's dreadful 2 footed lunge.

Did well today against an awkward team, especially Zab, Garcia, Lescott and Clichy.

Blue Mist said:
Personally I am glad Bertie McGoo misse the red. If Stoke had gone down to 10 it would have been time wasting, negative, dire play for a draw kind of football. They are awful to watch with 11 on the pitch so all in all I aint moaning.

They did exactly that with 11. Absolutely shocking.

Quote of the day from Pulis:
"We played more open than we normally do at home,” he told Sky Sports. "In a cup-tie you want to catch them and have a go at them. You have got to give City a lot of credit. Their attitude and approach was first class. By playing as open as we did, against the best teams, it always gives them an opportunity to attack and create chances and I thought they did that well."

Did anyone watch this game that Pulis describes, because I sure as hell didn't.

St Ives blue said:
Don't know what City fans at the game thought, but on tv the Stoke fans come across as a complete bunch of simpleton fuckwits, cheering for long periods if we misplaced a pass, overly booing when we got a free-kick for an obvious foul, sarcastically cheering when they got a free-kick (as if they should have had far more) and even booing Garcia after Whelan's dreadful 2 footed lunge.

Did well today against an awkward team, especially Zab, Garcia, Lescott and Clichy.

I was there, bunch of inbreds. Same as 1-1 (Crouch basketball) draw in Sept. At that game they were booing the song to remember Hillsborough disaster. Bunch of inbred thugs, pretty much like their team.

Actually a fairly fair assesment.By playing more open than usual at home i think he meant he picked a more attacking line up,just it didn't quite come off as we played a good game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.