Stoke Vs City (FA Cup) Post match Discussion Thread

Salford_Blue said:
Blue Mist said:
Personally I am glad Bertie McGoo misse the red. If Stoke had gone down to 10 it would have been time wasting, negative, dire play for a draw kind of football. They are awful to watch with 11 on the pitch so all in all I aint moaning.

They did exactly that with 11. Absolutely shocking.

Quote of the day from Pulis:
"We played more open than we normally do at home,” he told Sky Sports. "In a cup-tie you want to catch them and have a go at them. You have got to give City a lot of credit. Their attitude and approach was first class. By playing as open as we did, against the best teams, it always gives them an opportunity to attack and create chances and I thought they did that well."

Did anyone watch this game that Pulis describes, because I sure as hell didn't.

We spould have done better with the chances that we did create , that's for sure ...

but i don't think Pulis says much wrong there to be honest ... we were the better side , and our attitude and approach was definetely better than Stokes.

Brendan110_0 said:
Good performance against a dirty Stoke team with protection from Webb - that makes the win even sweeter for me!

I wonder wether Webb's Wonderful is gonna get a bollocking from the FArce for missing the most blatant red and sending it begging that I have seen for a long time! Bet yer last petro-dollar that had one of ours done that he wouldn't have got away with it, and SNNakesTV/ChilesTV et al would have the loop going before the victim had hit the ground.<br /><br />-- Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:32 pm --<br /><br />
Ducado said:
Missed chances excepted I thought it was a very good performance, the pitch looked terrible and their tactics were thuggish as usual, and another ground ticked off the list, home draw would be good for the next round

Looked more like a rugby pitch, but then that's Stoke's game, ain't it?

Ducado said:
Well Stoke used every dirty trick in the book

Funny old game of opinions ain't it! Havin been sat in the boothen end with the Missus the stokies were pretty vociferously adamant that us and the ref were doing the same. Football i guess. Not that I agreed. However Barry's late clutch to the throat and subsequent plop to the floor in an attempt to break up play, which was right in front of me, was a bit embarrassing, especially as I had defended him earlier in the first half when he was being given grief by them on the same basis, by saying he's not that sort of player!

Great atmosphere though looked mega when you all went mental across the length of the whole stand. Well done blues!

always a tough place to go

great win and we totally outclassed them from the start

next

Got in about 1730hrs.

What a fucking great day out. Team were solid against a bunch of hackers (as per normal)

Zabba-Just love this man so much.

Fans were fucking great today. (Noticed a lot of Southern accents mind-not that it matters).

Police were a good laugh today during our snowball attack on the stewards at the end outside in the coach park.

Great day all round. Great result against a bunch of cloggers.

Miester said:
Ducado said:
Well Stoke used every dirty trick in the book

Funny old game of opinions ain't it! Havin been sat in the boothen end with the Missus the stokies were pretty vociferously adamant that us and the ref were doing the same. Football i guess. Not that I agreed. However Barry's late clutch to the throat and subsequent plop to the floor in an attempt to break up play, which was right in front of me, was a bit embarrassing, especially as I had defended him earlier in the first half when he was being given grief by them on the same basis, by saying he's not that sort of player!

Great atmosphere though looked mega when you all went mental across the length of the whole stand. Well done blues!

From what I saw, it was the normal desperate game they play

Forgot to mention the pitch was an absolute disgrace.

Bobbly and long.More shite spoiling tactics from the hackers. Really going off Stoke.Anti football if ever I have seen it

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
anyone got a gif of the 2 footed tackle. didn't see it from where I was.

It was more a two footed stamp with no intention whatsoever to play the ball. Straight red and a mystery how Webb missed it. If he doesn't get a retrospective ban then something is wrong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.