Stoke Vs City (FA Cup) Post match Discussion Thread

LoveCity said:
Luke_mcfc said:
We've kept 5 clean sheets in a row. We are 5 points off of top spot. Into 5th round. I understand your concerns but I think we are doing reasonably well.

And I wouldn't suggest we're not doing reasonably well, but some people on Bluemoon make even the slightest criticism out to be an attack on the club. My point is simply if we were more clinical we'd be top of the league and the lack of a clinical edge persists.

True articulate blue

LoveCity said:
Luke_mcfc said:
We've kept 5 clean sheets in a row. We are 5 points off of top spot. Into 5th round. I understand your concerns but I think we are doing reasonably well.

And I wouldn't suggest we're not doing reasonably well, but some people on Bluemoon make even the slightest criticism out to be an attack on the club. My point is simply if we were more clinical we'd be top of the league and the lack of a clinical edge persists.

It's difficult to assess that - maybe if we were being more clinical we would be suffering defensively.

I accept your point though.

There's no doubt that if we had Van Persie we would be top.

BackgroundBlue said:
Not being overly negative, and I know Stoke at home are serious opposition, but.....should we be doing a bit better, should we be a bit more efficient? or are we just City - plaything of the gods of chaos?

No, I know what you mean. We should be sharper with the final ball. That said, it always felt like a matter of time - very dominant, nice approach play, just a matter of better crosses and taking our chances.

herrock said:
Salar said:
Good performance with a good result at Stoke away(which is never easy).Silva was immense.Tevez was also good.Milner had his worst game of this season but other then that a good solid performance.Oh and Zabba was brilliant as always :).

I agree Milner was not at his best going forward , but Pablo wouldn't have been so effective if it wasn't for Milners workrate. A great team performance. Before long all our chances are going to go in and someone is going to get a hammering.
+1

That game was doing my head in until we scored

1) Webb missing that red card

2) Attack after City attack wasted.

But a great win, and magnificent defending

The pitch was awful. It was bobbling all over the show which didn't help our passing in the final third.

Garcia was my mom. He won everything and his passing was really good.

We have the best squad in the league and I genuinely believe we should be several points ahead of the rest. Although our football is good in parts, its not as good s it should be. I'm really not blaming Mancini -but could this be something psychological to do with who we are? not just city-itus but our love of uncertainty and chaos - unlike those efficient red bastards?

Personally I am glad Bertie McGoo misse the red. If Stoke had gone down to 10 it would have been time wasting, negative, dire play for a draw kind of football. They are awful to watch with 11 on the pitch so all in all I aint moaning.

BackgroundBlue said:
We have the best squad in the league and I genuinely believe we should be several points ahead of the rest. Although our football is good in parts, its not as good s it should be. I'm really not blaming Mancini -but could this be something psychological to do with who we are? not just city-itus but our love of uncertainty and chaos - unlike those efficient red bastards?

I think people expect a bit much of us. United are on one of their best runs in their history, and have only dropped 13 points so far. No matter how good our squad is, we'd be doing well to match their results so far this season.

moomba said:
BackgroundBlue said:

I think people expect a bit much of us. United are on one of their best runs in their history, and have only dropped 13 points so far. No matter how good our squad is, we'd be doing well to match their results so far this season.

True enough :(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.