Stoke Vs City (FA Cup) Post match Discussion Thread

Now I've had time to calm down and think about the game - we actually dominated. We reduced Stoke to hopeful crosses and even Crouch didn't trouble us when Stoke started to push for the win in the second half because we spent most of the time with the ball in Stoke's third. We took the game to them, we broke with pace on the odd occasion and played just like the home team when in possession of the ball. 1-0 really flatters Stoke and doesn't reflect the effort we put into today's game. Considering we never get anything at Stoke, and considering big teams never really get anything at Stoke, we did exceptionally well.

If anything, this game did show that Stoke rely heavily on their fans. The Britannia was nowhere near as hostile or frightening as it could have been and we actually managed to win comfortably without getting out of 2nd gear.

Javi Garcia is looking like the player we signed from Benfica purely because he's getting a run in the side. His form came in fits and starts because his appearances did. No player ever does well when he's thrown into the team and taken out again every other week when he's not used to the country, let alone the team, so why we expected any more of Garcia is beyond me. Special mentions for Milner's defensive workrate, Lescott who was excellent and Clichy who gave Stoke something to really think about. Same for Aguero.

Zabaleta, though. That man is a hero. Started the move for the goal and finished it so sweetly, with the intelligence and instinct of a striker that had been knocking them in for decades. I absolutely love the guy. Take a bow.

_65528200_65527517.jpg

A bit of cheap punditry at the start of proceedings would me up.
Gareth Southgate christened it, A team of ego's versus a team of soldiers.

Our team yesterday were quality and played for each other.

MCFC BOB said:
Now I've had time to calm down and think about the game - we actually dominated. We reduced Stoke to hopeful crosses and even Crouch didn't trouble us when Stoke started to push for the win in the second half because we spent most of the time with the ball in Stoke's third. We took the game to them, we broke with pace on the odd occasion and played just like the home team when in possession of the ball. 1-0 really flatters Stoke and doesn't reflect the effort we put into today's game. Considering we never get anything at Stoke, and considering big teams never really get anything at Stoke, we did exceptionally well.

If anything, this game did show that Stoke rely heavily on their fans. The Britannia was nowhere near as hostile or frightening as it could have been and we actually managed to win comfortably without getting out of 2nd gear.

Javi Garcia is looking like the player we signed from Benfica purely because he's getting a run in the side. His form came in fits and starts because his appearances did. No player ever does well when he's thrown into the team and taken out again every other week when he's not used to the country, let alone the team, so why we expected any more of Garcia is beyond me. Special mentions for Milner's defensive workrate, Lescott who was excellent and Clichy who gave Stoke something to really think about. Same for Aguero.

Zabaleta, though. That man is a hero. Started the move for the goal and finished it so sweetly, with the intelligence and instinct of a striker that had been knocking them in for decades. I absolutely love the guy. Take a bow.

_65528200_65527517.jpg

Well said.you get sick of the moaners who go on about who has had a bad game, despite winning.why can't people enjoy the win.

mac said:
MCFC BOB said:

_65528200_65527517.jpg

Well said.you get sick of the moaners who go on about who has had a bad game, despite winning.why can't people enjoy the win.

I know I'm a moaning git but I don't moan about the player in this fantastic squad until the end of the season.

Well, that's that particular monkey off our back. Good team effort, Blues.

Had to giggle at one of Stoke's adverts - Sensational showers from Acqualisa - thought it would have been more appropriate on a calling card in a phonebox!

This is the most solid we have looked. Barry, Garcia and Milner are doing a great job protetcing the back 4(3 at times yesterday), so no Vinnie should not be a big loss Tuesday. We do need him Sunday against Suarez mind for his 1 on 1 defending.
Keep this form up and I honestly believe we will be celebrating in May. Yesterday was a really tough challenge that we made look relatively comfortable. Let's hope the Potters find form in time for the Rags visit.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Didn't bother watching the highlights but was the tackl (sorry i meant leg breaking assault) actually mentioned?
Yes it was. The rules are that if the referee saw the "coming together" of the players and took no action, then the player can't be charged (even if, like Clattenburg and Adebayor, the ref was looking straight at it). If Webb says he saw this, his judgement as a referee would be seriously in question.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.