Stoke Vs City (FA Cup) Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on Stoke's current form their fans on the oatcake have quite rightly given this one up.
The momentum is with us at the moment, I feel the wind of change (or that cabbage from yesterday)
Always look forward to this tie - the only away I can walk to!

I'd go with:

------------------Pants-----------------
Zabaleta---Kompany---Lescott----AK
--------------Garcia---Barry-----------
Milner------------Dzeko----------Nasri
------------------Balotelli---------------

We really, really need to consider that we'll have a trip to QPR then back up home. We'll need all hands on deck rested for the Dippers.

My fear is that our players will not be sufficiently motivated. It could be another below par Champions League type performance. I hope for a draw but I can see Poke snatching a late winner in stoppage time, possibly from a corner or similar set piece.

We've always had problems there and they will be up for this one because they are going to be comfortable mid-table and the cup is a chance of winning something.

They might not rate their form but the cup will mean a lot to them so i think this one will be very very difficult and it is always difficult at their ground anyway so i'd be happy with a draw and taking this back to our place.

I'd go with the same starting line up that we've had for the last two games, barring any injuries that is. Don't see any reason to make changes.

alky313 said:
I'd go with:

------------------Pants-----------------
Zabaleta---Kompany---Lescott----AK
--------------Garcia---Barry-----------
Milner------------Dzeko----------Nasri
------------------Balotelli---------------

We really, really need to consider that we'll have a trip to QPR then back up home. We'll need all hands on deck rested for the Dippers.
Why rest Clichy and Aguero? and Nasri is always invisible at places like Stoke so I wouldn't play him. This could be our last chance for a trophy so we need to play our best team.

Hart

Zaba
Kompany
Lescott/Nastasic Not arsed which one tbh both great players
Clichy

Garcia
Barry

Silva
Dzeko
Aguero
Milner

Would easily take a draw at Stoke but we have to start winning at these grounds.

blueste41 said:
Stoke away is one of our never win fixtures. But with their (very) recent home form their is no better time to put this voodo to bed.
Black magic would explain our poor results there.

citytill1die84 said:
Wouldn't risk Aguero so i'd keep same team as Saturday tough game but recon we're due a win.
yeah agreed, rather bench him, and if needed then unleash him. always weary of stoke,they have a habit of upsetting the apple cart, but should be a comfortable night hopefully

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.