Stoke Vs City Post match Discussion Thread

yeah garcia played great, so did maicon, few dodgy passes tho

easy to forget we played well but we were 2 grateful of stoke today, should have been more unforgiving....

and failed to adapt to stokes "run at you" style of play

Malty said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Must win next week vs Arsenal

Wouldn't say must win at this stage..
Every single game is must win from week. Every single point is important, every single goal scored and goal conceded is important.

Rammyblues said:
I suspect the majority on here would have taken a point before the game and a point is what we have. Just one of those horrible fixtures we have to get out of the way.

Not sure I agree with that. Stoke have been poor so far this season, and they were poor again today. Organised, committed, etc. But pretty poor. My biggest concern would be just how little we created.

There were some very poor individual performances particularly in the attacking third for us. I would've liked to have seen Dzeko for Balo much earlier.

Rammyblues said:
I suspect the majority on here would have taken a point before the game and a point is what we have. Just one of those horrible fixtures we have to get out of the way.
It is a decent point but it worrying that can never seem to go to these tough away games and get the three points. Having said apart it was probably our best ever performance at the Britannia.

Bluemoon_bosnia said:
Don't get me wrong.. but easily

Manchini = IDIOT
Maicon = to old for 3rd league, for PL an CL what a waste of money
Garcia = Looks OK
Sinclair = Same shit as AJ

DZEKO= In 3 minutes better than Balotelli in 90 Minutes

Haters gonna hate... but dzeko is still your best forward... I love dzeko and dzeko is a world class player.. as much as you hate him we love him GO EDIN!!!

And they said: Balotelli is better than Dzeko!

This will go down as the worse performance by and under Mancini. Terrible defending always looked nervy and likely to concede another goal which gave Stoke the upper-hand. Terrible passing watching us become a lump forward team all first half was embarrassing.

Terrible subs made by Roberto to Mario on and take Carlos off was just mystifying totally dumfounded by that choice and in the end was making desperate subs to cover up this first mistake.

I'm really dreading the pumping we will take on Tuesday unless there is a remarkable improvement.

Very depressed and upset we look a shadow of the team this time last season.

Blue2112 said:
4 games played and weve behind in every one, gotta sort that out.
Southampton, QPR..

Granted we were behind against Southampton at one point but I took it that you meant we fell behind first.

Before the game, I said a point would be standard, but after hitting the post and the goal-line clearance, I must say I'm pretty gutted.

Garcia debut - Great. Can't wait to see more from him.
Sinclair debut - Okay. Not much to say, really, good or bad.
Maicon debut - Hit and miss for me, but it's early days, seasonwise.

Balotelli/Tevez partnership looks pretty good. Wouldn't mind seeing more of that.

So glad to have Clichy back on the pitch. He is class

Decent point. If we can stop hitting the wodwork we'll be a force. Defensively, that was teh best I've seen us cope with Stoke who, as ever, played to tehir strengths, and good luck to them. Garcia was a real plus but all the new boys did okay.

A long way to go yet. As long as we're within 8 points of the leaders with 5 games to go, I'll be happy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.