Stoke Vs City Post match Discussion Thread

Not sure why the Barry for Tevez sub is so hard to understand?

He wanted Yaya further forward, so had to sacrifice a forward player. Mario goes back for corners and is decent at getting a clearance in, so he needed to stay on. We needed to maintain the width so Nasri and at that point Sinclair had to stay on. Yaya had to go in the hole, where Tevez was. Tevez isn't a wide player whereas Nasri can play there, so he took Tevez off.

The Yaya further forward sub has paid of plenty of times so it can't be criticised.

Personally i'd have swapped Silva for Nasri at the same time, but it shouldn't be hard to understand the Barry Tevez sub. You have to maintain shape and the "took a striker off and a def midfielder on at 1-1" argument is very naive.

Comrade Buka said:
I am sure, Garcia, Maicon and Sinclair were all told before the game that if we get a draw we are lucky. Defeatist bullshit.

Time to fuck this place off for a bit...

Bobbies Black Bins said:
This will go down as the worse performance by and under Mancini. Terrible defending always looked nervy and likely to concede another goal which gave Stoke the upper-hand. Terrible passing watching us become a lump forward team all first half was embarrassing.

Terrible subs made by Roberto to Mario on and take Carlos off was just mystifying totally dumfounded by that choice and in the end was making desperate subs to cover up this first mistake.

I'm really dreading the pumping we will take on Tuesday unless there is a remarkable improvement.

Very depressed and upset we look a shadow of the team this time last season.

there's no way you're a city fan

God this forum is so whingey at times.

Yes we probably should have won, but a point at the Britannia is definitely an okay result. We were easily the better team in the first half and it took an acrobatic clearance, two great saves and a cheating lanky ballsack to deny us all 3 points. We never looked like conceding a 2nd and shouldn't have conceded the first, just look at the positives.

Comrade Buka said:
I am sure, Garcia, Maicon and Sinclair were all told before the game that if we get a draw we are lucky. Defeatist bullshit.

That some really pessimistic speculation, you should be careful what ou claim to be sure of.

Bluemoon_bosnia said:
Don't get me wrong.. but easily

Manchini = IDIOT
Maicon = to old for 3rd league, for PL an CL what a waste of money
Garcia = Looks OK
Sinclair = Same shit as AJ

DZEKO= In 3 minutes better than Balotelli in 90 Minutes

Haters gonna hate... but dzeko is still your best forward... I love dzeko and dzeko is a world class player.. as much as you hate him we love him GO EDIN!!!

come on ! i don't get this its not because you are bosnian you will start bitching like that !

ok the late substitute is bizarre but "maicon to old from 3rd league" ?

some players fan groupies act like childs

Barry coming on certainly helped us, we dominated the game with the 3 in midfield. Think Dzeko deserved a start and more minutes, has being in good goal-scoring form without playing particularly well himself. Garcia looked good and just needs a few games to adapt to the pace and he should be a great signing. Sinclair should have pulled the trigger a couple of times rather than passing it. Maicon pretty poor for me, doesn't look match fit and hope Zaba is fit for Madrid game.

Clichy man of the match.

Think Maicon will be a beast in a 3-5-2, not sure about 4-4-2 as he's defensively suspect.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.