Stoke Vs City Post match Discussion Thread

jake28 said:
Didnt deserve 3 points...on the whole a poor performance.
have you seen the game ,other than the beginning of the second half I thought we bossed it.
There goal was debatable to say the least and they should have been down to ten men,we created good chances,hit the post and had one cleared off the line.I think once we are at our very best finishing wise a few will take a battering

Thought it would be a draw, it was a draw, that's about it. Just happy we've got Klanfield and Brittania out the way without a loss. That'll do me.

momo88 said:
Bluemoon_bosnia said:
Don't get me wrong.. but easily

Manchini = IDIOT
Maicon = to old for 3rd league, for PL an CL what a waste of money
Garcia = Looks OK
Sinclair = Same shit as AJ

DZEKO= In 3 minutes better than Balotelli in 90 Minutes

Haters gonna hate... but dzeko is still your best forward... I love dzeko and dzeko is a world class player.. as much as you hate him we love him GO EDIN!!!

come on ! i don't get this its not because you are bosnian you will start bitching like that !

ok the late substitute is bizarre but "maicon to old from 3rd league" ?

some players fan groupies act like childs
We got this all this last year from the Dzeko fan club. If they want to support Edin, fine. That's their choice. But they come on a City site criticizing Mancini, and they're not even City fans. Give it a rest, eh fellas?

Didn't think JL and VK looked composed at all, but my one gripe would be how far we retreated to defend. They had no pace to hurt us, so I can only presume we were hoping to stretch the game and use Sinclair to exploit the resulting gaps.

We have one hell of a squad, though. :-)

Bluemoon_bosnia said:
Don't get me wrong.. but easily

Manchini = IDIOT
Maicon = to old for 3rd league, for PL an CL what a waste of money
Garcia = Looks OK
Sinclair = Same shit as AJ

DZEKO= In 3 minutes better than Balotelli in 90 Minutes

Haters gonna hate... but dzeko is still your best forward... I love dzeko and dzeko is a world class player.. as much as you hate him we love him GO EDIN!!!

The dzeko bit, I agree. The rest is shite

Yep would be funny if Dzeko wouldnt start in Madrid. But probably he wont a not 100% Agüero will start with Tevez. And as a sub Balo comes in sooner.

But that's a totally different match we will defend most of the time hopefully well enough.

But today in most parts I didnt feel we want to win it enough. In the end yes but first 20 minutes of second half was horrible. Not even a chance, Stoke was trying, we seemed happy with 1-1.

Unfit Barry in, very good Tevez off. Dzeko way too late...
Nasri could come off in 60. minutes for Silva. Balotelli off, Barry in and then push Yaya up. In the end maybe for 10-15 minutes Dzeko in Garcia off. Why two holding midfielders? Do we want to win it or not?

If a loss comes after it against Madrid I will understand even less why we didnt go all out today.

Last year we couldnt beat Pool away, Stoke away this year is no different. Our home form in hardly can improve get the same home record has very small chance so away form has to imrove in points. Today could be a good step for it. We missed it.

I'll leave my post-game tweets as reaction, no point in writing a full post.

1. Meh. I hate #SCFC away.

2. I just hope #LFC can provide their usual comedy tonight to dispel my current disappointment.

3. Also, what's the point in having a player when you can't play him in certain fixtures? Tevez was subbed as we can't trust Balotelli on Tues.

4. Which meant an awful Balotelli remained on the pitch adding nothing + Dzeko needs more than 3 mins if you're going to do an 'attacking sub'.

5. Let's not forget Dzeko scored 4 (FOUR) goals during the international break and was rewarded with the bench against #SCFC.

6. Disappointed is an understatement. Mancini had one eye on Tuesday; beat what's given to you on the day - focus on the present.

RandomJ said:
Dzeko should have come on a lot fucking earlier than he did. The guy is on a hot streak and gets dropped to the bench and given a couple minutes at the end. No wonder he isn't happy.

Exactly. No matter who the player is, if he's on a hot streak he should play as much as possible.

Perhaps I am easily pleased but I am not too disheartened. Stoke have only lost one of their past 11 homes games against sides who finished in last season top 6. Today we were coming back from a international break and gave 3 players their debuts and still came away with a result.

I don't know how long are unbeaten record is in the premier league but there is no lack of effort in the squad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.