Stoke Vs City Post match Discussion Thread

bluebannana said:
sinclair is so quick he will be a good signing

Showed quality in patches , but he definetely Needs to up his game from today though , or he'll eventually go the same was as Adam Johnson.

Always a bit of a risk giving three debutants a game at a place like Stoke. However Garcia looked great, he's a better player than NDJ no doubt. He passes better and he can score.

Maicon played pretty well. Good addition.

For me Sinclair was pretty anonymous. But he'll be better with a home game under his belt.

Tevez off. Correct decision. He needs to be sharp Tuesday.

I did think Edin could have had a few minutes more unless he is going to start against Madrid.
Balo obviously isn't.

Resting Silva was correct. He'll be well up for it in Spain.

There should be some kind of check and balance on refs as well,plenty given at united early on in the game and cockroach goal are just incredible to say the least.
we deserved to win but point from stoke can never be a bad result but considering we drew them last season there ,we should have done better this time around.Garcia fitted in quiet nicely.

dref619 said:
i must be blinded by dislike for mario now. i thought he was poor, got a few tough decisions of the ref, but i never really thought he looked a threat
Run out of patience with Balo long ago, too much promise with not enough end result for me. He's a luxury we can't afford.

Stoke won it in midfield. Nasri and Sinclair were invisible.Javi was decent but failed to communicate with rest of the team. Yaya was by far the best player today but couldn't make it alone. Playing with Balo and Tevez upfront weakened the midfield even more so substituting Tevez with Barry made sense,
However Mancini should have put Silva and Dzeko on for Nasri and Sinclair (worst players today) much earlier.
Maicon was decent but I think Micah offers more offensively.

Our Debutants

A toast to our 3 new players. All had solid debuts against a formidable opponent especially Garcia with a wonderful header.

They can only get better. My man-crush on Garcia has reached dangerous levels.

So basically Pulis has just condoned cheating!

No wonder players act like twats if there manager
Is the biggest of all. He should
Be banned and fined for brining the game into disripute...

That comment made my blood boil more than that cheating bean pole!

We were slow today, our passing was bad, we had no movement whatsoever but we should have won still. Garcia was good I thought, obviously some of his movement was 'safe' to say the least but that was his first game, i'd expect that.

I think Maicon was one of if not our best player, up there with Clichy. He gets the ball and he really bombs forward, he's always positive and he was the best player for making things happen. If you want to look at a bad performance then look no further than Yaya Toure, yes he had a chance to score and missed but he was anonymous on the whole, gave it away most of the time when he did have the ball, contributed nothing defensively and nothing on the attack.

The key difference in that game was that Stoke were committed, every loose ball they ran to, we stood back and waited for it to come to us.

I am not looking forward to the Madrid match now but maybe we can be typical City and win at the Bernebau!

Hari84 said:
Stop talking about Balotelli and Dzeko..
And who is better and whos not.. .
I think Mancini dont do hes job right.. Yes we won the title but se how much $ we used.
He alwas sub in 70min 1-2 man and saves 1 to later.
Some times ITs to late.. And like today it was to late and wrong men get sub (Tevez)
I blame Mancini for this one. For 1-1 against Stoke is not good for a team who wants to be compared with Barcelona and Madrid.
I blame you. Obviously its your fault we lost.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.