Stoke Vs City Post match Discussion Thread

Decent point given that we`ve integrated 3 new players into the team and all did ok,think we`ll compete more inthe future once we have 16 or 17 players that can be relied upon.Balotelli had an off day but needed the 90 mins.Mancini is looking at the big picture which he is right to do.

Maicon is not the same since Mourinho left Inter. That time he ws the best RB in the world probably. Hope Mancini can get the best out of him again but today he wasnt any better then Zabba would be. Also Zabba's attacking movement improved a lot in recent times.

Would like to see Maicon as a wingback in 352 but with 4 defenders I think it is Zabba for me.

Maicon needs a kick in his ass he wasnt really arsed in last two Inter seasons...
Maybe change of country/club etc. will get the best out of him and Mancini too.

Sinclair seemed OK, we always say we need width when we are against a team that puts up a bus tactic well we had a fast Sinclair but not much impact. We need more power from players and better performances. Yaya, Balotelli, Nasri, they wasnt really ready for this match, played very average. Given the fact Nasri and Balo could relax a lot in last two weeks that is sad from them.

A draw is not a disaster at Stoke, most of the time we get this result but agree with that view we have to improve our away record. No guarentee we can beat Spurs, United away from home this year, last year we did it in style with scoring many goals, so in other matches we have to make up these points. And it is a little bit easier against Stoke, WBA, Sunderland than Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool.

Mancini has to get it right this week is very hard Stoke, Madrid and Arsenal in 7 days.

Arsenal is in form now, scoring goals and conceded only one which is not bad given their defensive record last year.

Hope Sevilla gives a hard time to Madrid tonight. Like Stoke did with us.

Stop talking about Balotelli and Dzeko..
And who is better and whos not.. .
I think Mancini dont do hes job right.. Yes we won the title but se how much $ we used.
He alwas sub in 70min 1-2 man and saves 1 to later.
Some times ITs to late.. And like today it was to late and wrong men get sub (Tevez)
I blame Mancini for this one. For 1-1 against Stoke is not good for a team who wants to be compared with Barcelona and Madrid.

kippaxking79 said:
Results against the teams we have played so far this season have virtually mirrored the results from last season. Its only because last season we had 4 wins off the belt that our start this season looks dodgy.

Last season (H) Bolton 2-0
(A) Liverpool 1-1
(H) QPR 3-2
(A) Stoke 1-1

points 8, Goals For 7, Goals Against 4.

This season (H) Southampton/Bolton 3-2
(A) Liverpool 2-2
(H) QPR 3-1
(A) Stoke 1-1

Points 8, Goals For 9, Goals against 6.

IMO the point total of 89 wont be reached by anybody this season more like 78-82 so were on track. Just need to shore up the defence a little we will be turning the draws from last season into wins.

Good post mate, obviously we would love to win them games but we are no worse than last year.

I thought we did ok. With it being so early in the Season I thought it was a good time to play Stoke and I thought they were excellent for the first twenty minutes of the second half. Unlucky at the end and at least one of those nudges by Crouch had to be handball.

Possibly Mr Mancini overdid it with the debutants?

Blumers Bloomers said:
bluecityboy said:
I don't know where all this complaint about Balotelli is coming from. Is it because Dzeko almost scored a goal on the counter in the last minute? Balotelli I thought was skipping past his defender and linking well with Tevez. This was probably his best game in terms of team play.

Ditto. He got battered today as well. Sometimes goes down a bit too easily for someone so strong but I don't know what more he could have done today.

It's not what hes doing but who he is keeping out of the team based on performance and reputation.

Juan King said:
cookster said:
The cookie monster said:
Champagne Charlie said Stoke deserved a draw and had the better of it

Is he for real.

I watched the whole game and agree with him. We shaded the first and them the second.

Put the crack pipe down! How did Stoke have the better of it?

This.

Admittedly we started the second half slowly, and they were bright for 5-10 mins. But apart from a series of (shit) crosses thumped in from the halfway line, which we dealt with easily, they didn't come anywhere close to troubling us.

Last 30 mins we completely monopolised possession, went extremely close 4 times (Nasri, Yaya, Garcia, Dzeko).

Stillsy said:
pudge said:
Stillsy said:
Cant believe the hate for maicon:s

And people saying about his age? He fucking dusted a fresh etherington and just took ball off him when he had about 15 yards on him.

Javi looked fucking superb and oh how i wish that header would have sneaked in!!!!

Stoke are just Stoke they do what they have to which is fair enough but they are a bunch of inbred cnuts but hey ho.

Good point all in all good have so easily been 3 but bring on the next game.
Least he could do after giving him the ball in the first place

So what? Zabaleta gives the ball away too and he wouldnt have caught etherington if it would have been the same situation.
Wasn't the only time he gave the ball away, his passing going forward was abysmal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.