Stoke Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

blueinsa said:
We saw many dismal, turgid away performances under Bob as well lets not forget.

Yes we did and many memorable wins too. MP needs time to to get his style of at across and the wins will come.

rastus said:
didsburyblu said:
Just back into Nanchester from the game & struggling to find one plus from the day. Atmosphere in our end was non existent not helped by a woeful showing on the pitch where we created next to nothing and seemed to have no urgency or ideas even as time ran out.
Zero atmosphere on train back but still the usual dickheads who thought it was ok to push two united fans who were in there 70's to the floor on Piccadilly approach calling them 'Munich *****'
Shocking day all round and I fear for us next Sunday cos anything like the last three performances we will get run off the park!!
Please tell me thats not true...

Sadly it was and the two suspects in question are known and members of a supporters club. Hopefully when their balls drop they'll geoe out of such behaviour!

BillyShears said:
blueinsa said:
vintiz said:
Don't get this the wrong way, but we need to see the way Chelsea plays while on the road.

Getting beat 1-0 mate.

Exactly. This is going to a very tough league this season than last. The sooner people get their heads around that the better.

It's only half time in their game though and Everton are better than stoke. If not for Barry btw , the same Barry deemed not good enough for us anymore chelsea would have gone one up. The fact the league might be tougher which is debatable with fergiescum gone dies not in anyway justify pellegrini being shite

BillyShears said:
blueinsa said:
vintiz said:
Don't get this the wrong way, but we need to see the way Chelsea plays while on the road.

Getting beat 1-0 mate.

Exactly. This is going to a very tough league this season than last. The sooner people get their heads around that the better.

4 games in and we are 2 points off the top.

Real world folks, not Fifa 14!

Do we need to perform better? Fucking right we do given the quality of our squad but I wont be hitting the panic button just yet.

Huge 2 games coming up though in terms of the results.

If you play with no pace you are in theory giving the opposition defence a day off. Pace frightens defenders. Until Aguero came on we were totally toothless.

Tim of the Oak said:
blueinsa said:
We saw many dismal, turgid away performances under Bob as well lets not forget.

Yes we did and many memorable wins too. MP needs time to to get his style of at across and the wins will come.

Indeed and the reason why i will give him more than 4 games.

mammutly said:
we have 7 points from 4 games and bizarrely, despite being crap so far, we could theoretically be top of the league next Sunday.

No bridges have been burnt and no lines have been crossed. But testing times ahead and no point harking back to past glories (or managers).

That said, I've no intention of revising expectations downwards. We have arguably the best squad in the league and the new manager has been given all the tools he asked for. We should expect to win. That's not naive, over confident or premature. It is a reasonable expectation and anything less is under achievement. The potential of this squad in terms of league and FA cup success is already proven, the CL is the next step and progress in that competition should also be expected. As I said, testing times ahead.
We really don't. This has been a fallacy for a while now. We have some exceptional players:
Hart, Kompany, Yaya, Aguero and Silva: All of whom are not playing at top form. And to be fair, after those 5 the quality drops a good bit. And again, we still have too many players who don't fit the style we want to play.

Arsenal for example has a better squad. As all their players play the same way. They might not be better players, but a better squad, as consistency is more likely. We on the other hand, need all our key players playing, and playing at or near their best for us to perform.

A win in the derby is important to offset their advantage. They're on the same points as us but they have faced Liverpool and Chelsea (and Swansea away where we have yet to win since they came back up), United are our first top opposition but it seems like these games are often where we flourish.

zandvoort blue said:
If you play with no pace you are in theory giving the opposition defence a day off. Pace frightens defenders. Until Aguero came on we were totally toothless.

Yep ... I said earlier think MP dropped a bollock in resting both Navas and Kun.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.