Stoke Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

cleavers said:
rastus said:
I fear for us next Sunday cos anything like the last three performances we will get run off the park!!
Not if you have watched united this season, it could be one of the worst derbies for years if we both stay on our current form.
United were crap today, we were runny diarrhea, a babies first attempt!

blue ranger said:
casualdeyna said:
Got to admit I've not really been blown away by our start under MP, if anything bit alarmed but there is over reaction from some too.

It's still early days, I thought we'd hit the ground running but we are clearly adapting to playing differently, we've had injuries and I genuinely only see us getting better as the season goes on, but to stick up for those complaining we have been pretty ordinary to say the least.

Next 8 days are crucial, two wins & we are well placed in Europe & at home, two defeats & we're already playing catch up. I do think we are only 1 good performance & a good win away from finding form, but it has been a mixed start, the good news is we're well in touch, we'll get better & we've only scratched the surface of the season.

Out of interest mate what is this style of play we are trying to adapt too? For me it looks like a simple 4-4-2 and we are a man short in midfield. Yaya should be playing further up the pitch.

Like you say we are playing more like a traditional or simple 4-4-2 than we did under Mancini, at the moment we are too easy to play against & not incisive enough on the ball, but that's obviously not the plan so we'll get better.

Under Mancini we were happy to let opposition have possession as long as we were back in numbers. We are now trying to win every ball, if you don't win it you're in trouble.

It's this change in approach we are adapting to, MP wants us to press like Barcelona press teams. We've not done it well but we will get better. That doesn't explain though why we've been poor in possession.

Regardless, it's too early to make any long term judgement, lets see how we play on Tuesday

zandvoort blue said:
If you play with no pace you are in theory giving the opposition defence a day off. Pace frightens defenders. Until Aguero came on we were totally toothless.

Often in practice as well ZB as it was today.

Bergovic was a passenger today.

I don't buy into this 6 changes , two games a week business at all.

It's an excuse not a reason and the squad had better get used to it otherwise we will fall well short in everything this year and especially in the most important competition of all the premier league.

Even though Chelsea are currently losing to much stiffer opposition at present their movement , chances they are creating is streets ahead of the dross we dished up today and by and large have done all season.

cleavers said:
rastus said:
I fear for us next Sunday cos anything like the last three performances we will get run off the park!!
Not if you have watched united this season, it could be one of the worst derbies for years if we both stay on our current form.

Agreed. Ithought Young's dives were a bit off form. Clearly not much training done in that department.

Fucking awful that was. A far cry from the City of the last few seasons. We may have lost and drawn a few under Bob away from home but at least we dominated possession and carved out chances. The worst we have been for a long time. Early days but I'm worried.

casualdeyna said:
blue ranger said:
casualdeyna said:
Got to admit I've not really been blown away by our start under MP, if anything bit alarmed but there is over reaction from some too.

It's still early days, I thought we'd hit the ground running but we are clearly adapting to playing differently, we've had injuries and I genuinely only see us getting better as the season goes on, but to stick up for those complaining we have been pretty ordinary to say the least.

Next 8 days are crucial, two wins & we are well placed in Europe & at home, two defeats & we're already playing catch up. I do think we are only 1 good performance & a good win away from finding form, but it has been a mixed start, the good news is we're well in touch, we'll get better & we've only scratched the surface of the season.

Out of interest mate what is this style of play we are trying to adapt too? For me it looks like a simple 4-4-2 and we are a man short in midfield. Yaya should be playing further up the pitch.

Like you say we are playing more like a traditional or simple 4-4-2 than we did under Mancini, at the moment we are too easy to play against & not incisive enough on the ball, but that's obviously not the plan so we'll get better.

Under Mancini we were happy to let opposition have possession as long as we were back in numbers. We are now trying to win every ball, if you don't win it you're in trouble.

It's this change in approach we are adapting to, MP wants us to press like Barcelona press teams. We've not done it well but we will get better. That doesn't explain though why we've been poor in possession.

Regardless, it's too early to make any long term judgement, lets see how we play on Tuesday
No it's not, we have players who have been here a long time now and not performed, they're not going to start, we're currently the 6th best starting line up in the league and the depth of our squad is over rated as far as quality goes, this season is going to be a disaster.

The only positive for me today was Nastasic, his covering for the highly pathetic Kolarov was immense. But alot of our problems today stemmed from Yaya Toure`s insistence in slowing the game down.

BillyShears said:
blueinsa said:
vintiz said:
Don't get this the wrong way, but we need to see the way Chelsea plays while on the road.

Getting beat 1-0 mate.

Exactly. This is going to a very tough league this season than last. The sooner people get their heads around that the better.

They might be losing, but they're by far the better team.

zandvoort blue said:
The only positive for me today was Nastasic, his covering for the highly pathetic Kolarov was immense. But alot of our problems today stemmed from Yaya Toure`s insistence in slowing the game down.
Toure is a part time footballer on full time wages, he doesn't take a day off just half the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.