Stoke Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Since opening the season with an emphatic victory over Newcastle, City have been unconvincing but Pellegrini claimed to be pleased with the point
"I am not disappointed with the performance but we didn't have many chances to score.
"When you play away and you can't win at least you must not lose.
"We didn't have the players to work much, they were all with their national squad and we had four or five injuries.
"We have a complete back four out, [David] Silva out and we have the Champions League next Tuesday so I think it is a good point for us."
Pellegrini was unhappy with the suggestion that after spending more than B£90million over the summer City should always be expected to win.
He said: "I don't think you must expect to win every match.
"Of course we want to win every game but it is impossible to do it.
"I will not always be happy when we draw away but for this match I think it was a good draw.
"I don't believe because we made changes we didn't play well.

Anyone watching Everton vs Chelsea,

How amazing is Barry playing.

This is what we are missing call the man back from loan

he should be starting every single game!

Yaya Fern and Rodwell are similar players what they need is someone like barry which allows them to go forward.

With two of these players playing as CDM it will just not work. From the last 3 games I'm not certain on finishing top 4 this season

Get Barry back !

hallstreetblue said:
Only read the first 3 pages. Hope to fook there's some irony in most of them comments. I expected a tough game there. It seems, however that, lots of you didn't. That lots of you expect us to be knocking seven shades out of everyone. The likes of Stoke, Cardiff and Hull, have all earned the right to play in the premier league. With the amount injuries we have and a Champions League game comin up on tuesday, I think it's a crackin result at Stoke. Not pretty, but a very good point. Go and support Barca or Bayern FFS!
So you didnt see the game then

Up to now, we are 1 point away from where I thought we would be. I expected 2 hone wins, I expected a draw at Stoke, and I really didn't know what to expect from Cardiff (given the fact that it was their first home game in the top division, I thought a point would be fine).

That said, I'm really down about the football I've seen so far. It's just dire. Nothing exciting at all, and the Hull game was atrocious. I'm hoping it's just teething problems, and that once Jovetic beds in, and Vinnie gets back, and Silva finds his form from over a year ago, and we learn to get the best from Navas, and that we take the shackles off Yaya - we'll go on a 10 match winning streak and play beautiful football.......

Pellegrinis doing himself no favours at all. What hasn't worked against hull or cardiff won't work away to stoke either. There was a time you could blame away performances on the opposition parking the bus. That excuse can we well and truly binned. There's no need to anymore. we are creating nothing. Fucking Brutal to watch. If we continue in this vein against Plzen we'll be lucky to get anything there either!

Still early days will wait until another 9-10 games,but have to say looking at pelligrini walking off at full-time he looked disillusioned hope he doesn't turn out to be another ramos/scolari.....

hallstreetblue said:
Only read the first 3 pages. Hope to fook there's some irony in most of them comments. I expected a tough game there. It seems, however that, lots of you didn't. That lots of you expect us to be knocking seven shades out of everyone. The likes of Stoke, Cardiff and Hull, have all earned the right to play in the premier league. With the amount injuries we have and a Champions League game comin up on tuesday, I think it's a crackin result at Stoke. Not pretty, but a very good point. Go and support Barca or Bayern FFS!

What a silly post.

No one expects to drub these teams every time. The point everyone is making is that we played totally and utterly shit. Slow build up, lethargic movement and absolutely no penetration at all.

Give your head a wobble if you thought we played well today!

hallstreetblue said:
Great post.

It is ok to get outplayed by any team in the premier league, right?

So despite buying another four attacking players we are still shit without Silva.

deano ou812 said:
Still early days will wait until another 9-10 games,but have to say looking at pelligrini walking off at full-time he looked disillusioned hope he doesn't turn out to be another ramos/scolari.....

He thought we played ok that's the worrying thing....

Chelsea losing just gave us a reprieve. Have to win the derby, no ifs, and, or buts about it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.