Stoke Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

kanovic said:
Positive is that Chelsea just lost so no need to panic at all. It it still way to early to abandon ship lads. I whoever wins the league this season will definiantly deserve it bc all the teams are very very close.

We shouldn't gain all solence form other teams results.

We should be on 12 points with the sides we were up against.

We are 5 points adrift of where we should be and quite frankly need to be.

Performance wise well its the poorest start all things considered since the new owners took over.

We know it and they know it.

Tim of the Oak said:
kanovic said:
Positive is that Chelsea just lost so no need to panic at all. It it still way to early to abandon ship lads. I whoever wins the league this season will definiantly deserve it bc all the teams are very very close.

Especially since that Gareth Barry is such a poor player.

MotM vs. Chelsea.

I know its very early days, but so far the pre season high hopes/expectations are starting to evaporate. In our 4 games we have been very good in 1, and pretty abysmal in 3 of them.
Our supposed pressing style (a la Barca) is almost non existent - we get pressed off the park by most teams we come up against. And i wonder about the wisdom of having such a style with Yaya Toure - Im a huge fan of his but playing a pressing style as a team we are doing so with 10 men because pressing and putting constant pressure on oppostion players is not his game. On the subject of Yaya, i want to see him in the centre/advanced midfield role. Get him in the postition where he makes a difference. Fed up with seeing him 5 yards from our centre half to take the ball from him to try and start something from 20 yards inside our own half.

I worry about Plzen in the Champs league - they are going to be up for it big time. The timing of the CL fixtures is not the best in this instance - playing the so called whipping boys of our group in the first game in their back yard is far from ideal.

Apologies for the negative post but i suppose thats what comes from such dour performances - I do actually think a point at stoke is not that terrible, but our performance was.

mancity1 said:
kanovic said:

We shouldn't gain all solence form other teams results.

We should be on 12 points with the sides we were up against.

We are 5 points adrift of where we should be and quite frankly need to be.

Performance wise well its the poorest start all things considered since the new owners took over.

We know it and they know it.
Cardiff yes stoke don't be so sure. Again how many times have we won at stoke away??

Dizzie said:
Anyone watching Everton vs Chelsea,

How amazing is Barry playing.

This is what we are missing call the man back from loan

he should be starting every single game!

Yaya Fern and Rodwell are similar players what they need is someone like barry which allows them to go forward.

With two of these players playing as CDM it will just not work. From the last 3 games I'm not certain on finishing top 4 this season

Get Barry back !

This all the live long day. We miss him already, Yaya played that deep simply DOES NOT WORK, We needed a guy today who could get a foot in or put a foot on the ball, unfortunately he was playing at Goodison.

toffee balls said:
Good point

Good preparation for the Rags

Grow a pair you soft bunch of *****

Couldn't agree more! What a bunch of soft arses we have become.

The thing I've noticed about top class managers is that when they join a new club, they don't go out all guns blazing from the start, they seem to spend the first few months working on the defensive side of the game and things like team shape. Then after a while, they let the players off the leash a bit and the team starts to play better and better football. My memory of Mark Hughes' early days was really exciting, attacking football, whereas I remember Mancini being a bit more cautious (maybe I'm misremembering though). The result was that Mark Hughes' defence was a shambles and never improved, whereas Mancini could start to play attractive football once everyone had been fully drilled in their basic defensive and positional responsibilities. I seem to remember Sven being the same, as well as Mourinho in his first stint as Chelsea manager. In other words, if we're still playing dull football in ten games time, then I'll start to worry.

We missed Vinny and David big time today. I've never seen us play well without them in the side. Have you? Yaya needed to be threat today but alas yet again he played to deep. Too much negative play today, our team lacks confidence at the moment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.