Stoke Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

"I think we played well, we want to make more chances to score but they are tough opposition and if we played like we played today in the Cardiff game we would have won," he ( Pellegrini) declared."

Sorry, but after hearing that I just think we have an idiot in the hot seat.

mammutly said:
"I think we played well, we want to make more chances to score but they are tough opposition and if we played like we played today in the Cardiff game we would have won," he ( Pellegrini) declared."

Yikes, officially worried.

daxman said:
benno74 said:
I know its very early days, but so far the pre season high hopes/expectations are starting to evaporate. In our 4 games we have been very good in 1, and pretty abysmal in 3 of them.
Our supposed pressing style (a la Barca) is almost non existent - we get pressed off the park by most teams we come up against. And i wonder about the wisdom of having such a style with Yaya Toure - Im a huge fan of his but playing a pressing style as a team we are doing so with 10 men because pressing and putting constant pressure on oppostion players is not his game. On the subject of Yaya, i want to see him in the centre/advanced midfield role. Get him in the postition where he makes a difference. Fed up with seeing him 5 yards from our centre half to take the ball from him to try and start something from 20 yards inside our own half.

I worry about Plzen in the Champs league - they are going to be up for it big time. The timing of the CL fixtures is not the best in this instance - playing the so called whipping boys of our group in the first game in their back yard is far from ideal.

Apologies for the negative post but i suppose thats what comes from such dour performances - I do actually think a point at stoke is not that terrible, but our performance was.

Theese lies, really need to stop. Yaya was the only one adhering to the pressing philosophy most of the game. Just go back and watch everytime City lost possession or cleared a ball back to Stoke early, Yaya was always the first out to pressure the ball. Its why he dispossessed Nzonzi in their half. He made 4 tackles only one less than Milner. Simply put Yaya was on point today. It was Rodwell who was a dud for most of the game.

The Yaya is lazy lie needs to stop. He was NOT lazy today. Harried players all over the field.

completely agree

however this is a waste of yaya toures true talent....let players like ferd, rodwell (and barry when he was here) do that sort of work.......

simon23 said:
I'm With Stupid said:
The thing I've noticed about top class managers is that when they join a new club, they don't go out all guns blazing from the start, they seem to spend the first few months working on the defensive side of the game and things like team shape. Then after a while, they let the players off the leash a bit and the team starts to play better and better football. My memory of Mark Hughes' early days was really exciting, attacking football, whereas I remember Mancini being a bit more cautious (maybe I'm misremembering though). The result was that Mark Hughes' defence was a shambles and never improved, whereas Mancini could start to play attractive football once everyone had been fully drilled in their basic defensive and positional responsibilities. I seem to remember Sven being the same, as well as Mourinho in his first stint as Chelsea manager. In other words, if we're still playing dull football in ten games time, then I'll start to worry.

while you are exactly right in what you say there is one slight issue with it....................

we already had the best defense in the league (2 yrs running) and we now look decidely shakey at the back (and this is only in part because of VK missing.......the rest is down to what is happening infront of the back 4 and that is where we are a bit of a shambles at the moment
To be fair, I think we looked pretty shakey at times last year too. In our title winning season, the defence was good, but last season, I'd argue we were the best in a league of shit defences. But obviously, it's about getting things right to play the possession football that he wants to play, so Mancini's defensive tactics might not be suited to that, even if they're perfectly good in the system he played.

the chelsea result lessened the below

but it is really something that us and the rags have the same points after 4 games....and you look at the fixtures both of us had .

its worrying , liverpool away and chelsea home...yet to come

Gash performance, hopefully this is our bad patch and we're getting it out of the way early. Still think we'll beat the rags as we perform better in the bigger games, a good win in the derby could be the kick up the shitter we need. CTID

The problem with playing YAYA where we do is he dictates how fast/slow we play he should be told he has free reign and his job is to drive the team forward have other players covering for him! If Pelegrini can't see this is it us who are wrong?

mammutly said:

Did he really say he thought we played well?

1. No, I heard no Mancini chants... (except in my head)
2. It's a poor do when the best bit of the day is a flypast by a WW2 Lancaster bomber, and the chant that followed of "Uwe's Grandad bombed the Stretford End"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.