Stoke Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

mammutly said:
"I think we played well, we want to make more chances to score but they are tough opposition and if we played like we played today in the Cardiff game we would have won," he ( Pellegrini) declared."

Sorry, but after hearing that I just think we have an idiot in the hot seat.

That's alarming! I don't think even the most partisan blue could say we played well.

#deluded

mammutly said:
"I think we played well, we want to make more chances to score but they are tough opposition and if we played like we played today in the Cardiff game we would have won," he ( Pellegrini) declared."

I hope he's saying that to butter the media and doesn't actually believe that.

BillyShears said:
CaliforniaBlue said:
I'm struggling to come up with three performances in a row last year that were as poor as the last three. I don't rule out the possibility, and I'm all for giving Pelle time to sort things out, but apart from two or three games all season, I don't remember us looking so average against average teams in the Prem. Sure, we had some dodgy results, but in most of them we bossed the game and got hit on the break - the biggest frustration was that we couldn't convert territorial advantage into goals.

I'm at a loss as to why we have looked so average. Anyone who's ever watched Pellegrini's teams play with any regularity (judging by some of the halfwitted comments on the forum I don't think many have) will know we look nothing like his teams do. Lack of tempo, lack of movement off the ball. I'm left scratching my head to be honest. However one thing I'm certain about is that we will improve dramatically.

I think he dropped a couple of bollocks today in trying to rest Navas and Kun for the CL game. Milner was so poor and so anonymous it was frightening.

I never watched Malaga, Villareal et al and I don't give 2 monkeys how they played but, I do give a fuck how
his current club play.

Lets be honest. If we play like that that next Sunday we will get comprehensively beaten.
Not looking forward to the derby one little bit.

Blue Smarties said:
mammutly said:

Yeah, heard that interview on the way home and it was a genuine WTF? moment, we've got problems if he really believes that.

We had a lot of difficulties going into the game, and I think the manager wanted to make that clear. The performance was poor and the impression I got after hearing him was that he recognised that, but wanted to put it in context

BillyShears said:
blueinsa said:
vintiz said:
Don't get this the wrong way, but we need to see the way Chelsea plays while on the road.

Getting beat 1-0 mate.

Exactly. This is going to a very tough league this season than last. The sooner people get their heads around that the better.

Tbf guys on another day eto'o would have had a hat trick. Chelsea lost because of a moment of loss in concentration.

lancs blue said:
Blue Smarties said:
mammutly said:

Yeah, heard that interview on the way home and it was a genuine WTF? moment, we've got problems if he really believes that.

Agree it was like the Cardiff post match interview! Might be we just use to Mancini telling us like it is no bullshit..

BlueAnorak said:
Lets be honest. If we play like that that next Sunday we will get comprehensively beaten.
Not looking forward to the derby one little bit.
They aint exactly operating on full throttle either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.