Stoke Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Even more disappointing considering how much anticipation there was for this season.

Vienna_70 said:
birchvillablue said:
With Vinny and David back we will be a different team against the rags...

If they're back!
Pellegrini as good as said Kompany will play on Tuesday.

It will be a totally different team.

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
I think all that can be said about today is that as we know away at Stoke for us is always tough. We have never beaten them away in the Premier League, and we probably never will. At least we have come through this game not playing well by any means with a point and a clean sheet.

I just hope Garcia and Kolerov don't play to many more games they were both absolute gash. But a good point at the end of the day, another game gone with Kompany injured boy we need Vinnie back asap. That point today may end up being significant come the end of the season.

What game were you watching?

Garcia was easily our best defender and Kolarov did well.

Nastasić was the one who let us down today; apart from the near own goal, he made several mistakes that almost let Stoke in.

gmckennasell said:
always a tough game at stoke , not many teams will win there this season , and theyve had a decent start , clichy,kompany,silva,richards injured and presumably he assessed the squad after the midweek internationals , and rested some players , another toothless performance though , there doesnt appear to be any progress .The next 3 games will tell us if we have the right manager, we need at least a draw in champs league , a good result against the rags and progress in the league cup .

Why does everyone say that...I'm not bothered one jot about what other teams do there.
I am concerned with City and yet again we have failed to win away from home.Now before you give it loads about Mancinis record at Stoke,in the league we were fucking unlucky to not win there the last 2 seasons and we won the cup tie there.
We have invested heavily in the summer and we are not seeing any returns on that investment. What concerns me as regards our signings is the fact that they never ever hit the road running. Look at Ozil,world class today,Erikson-world class today.
We carry on playing like that and we will be out of the title race before it has even really begun.

afro2007 said:
Mancini had time and time with the team more than Pele. i remember when Mancini went to Stoke for the time we got beaten and the second time we went there again we couldn't string some passes together as a team but for us we seems to be behaving like children is new to the world of football, we have seen this scenario before as new managers coming in to a new league with something to prove will definitely have uncertainty with his work.just support the manager and let him feel the support of the fans as a family. we will see by the end of the first round of football we'll be smiling with flying colors.
I'll hold you to YOUR WORDS !!!!

nellyonthewing said:
mancity1 said:
hallstreetblue said:
No mate, I was stood on the touchline myself, coaching my U15's to a 4-2 victory in Germany. My point is, all this negativity and this early stage of the season. Let's see how it goes first. If we lose in europe, lose against the rags and then Wigan and Villa, then I'll be flappin too. We never win at Stoke.

We should be beating Stoke and not playing so piss poor though.

If you beat the Krauts 4-2 perhaps you could take over City..

Haha, I coach krauts mate. I'm Germany based. AND AS WE'RE ON THE SUBJECT; and as this is becoming a popular thread, can I just say, you all need to get over to the continent, to see why there are very few British players making it into our top league :) Severe lack of community run clubs and abismal facilities and crappy coaching. But that's another story ;)

Navas, Aguero, Fernandinho and Lescott on the bench against a team we drawn against in the last four away games there. Abysmal starting line up boys I'm afraid.

Is he saving them for the big game against Sweaty Pissflaps in the CL or whatever they are called? Who's picking the fucking team Txixi for Fucks sake ?

Bad starting eleven that lads and the lizard picked it.

Marvin said:
Vienna_70 said:
birchvillablue said:
With Vinny and David back we will be a different team against the rags...

If they're back!
Pellegrini as good as said Kompany will play on Tuesday.

It will be a totally different team.

why spend hundreds of millions of pounds if we can't play well with two players missing, it is the worst excuse of all time, more than anyone we cannot blame injuries when we play stoke and cardiff it is ridiculous

Berkovic_blue said:
Marvin said:
We didn't play well - who's saying we did

My grumble with the critics is they entirely miss the context? i.e The entire first choice defence out at a tough away ground

People keep saying this. Since when were Nastasic and Zabaleta NOT first choice??

After his performance today, it might be a while before Nastasić is first choice again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.