Stoke Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

hallstreetblue said:
The People on here, asking for Pellegrini's head after 4 GAMES, are obviously new comers and haven't been on the roller coaster ride through decades of misery, as the majority of us have. Have a word, or go and hunt some glory elsewhere. Spuds are lookin good aren't they? Go n' check em out!

Is that right mate???
Funny because I remember being on a lot of those roller coasters.

Our so called 'best' players are the problem IMO. Yaya Toure is cruising, and he's being allowed to cruise. Mentally most of these players haven't the stomach for a fight, why should they? After all they've won the league now so that's job done, right? Wrong. Everton yesterday showed every attribute that we are lacking.

hallstreetblue said:
The People on here, asking for Pellegrini's head after 4 GAMES, are obviously new comers and haven't been on the roller coaster ride through decades of misery, as the majority of us have. Have a word, or go and hunt some glory elsewhere. Spuds are lookin good aren't they? Go n' check em out!

Imagine they had to witness shite like this, they don't know their arse from their elbow. FFS and this was 6 week or so after the 5-1. Properly brought back down to earth this day but we still sang like lunatics, top day actually....."we want 7"
Imagine they had to witness shite like this, they don't know their arse from their elbow. FFS and this was 6 week or so after the 5-1. Properly brought back down to earth this day but we still sang like lunatics, top day actually....."we want 7"

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvtxAyTjyjg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvtxAyTjyjg</a>

Can i ask how many on here actually saw the full 90 minutes?

Not on Sky/bt or a lot of foreign streams. My local was the only place in town that had the match on.

dtc78 said:
Our so called 'best' players are the problem IMO. Yaya Toure is cruising, and he's being allowed to cruise. Mentally most of these players haven't the stomach for a fight, why should they? After all they've won the league now so that's job done, right? Wrong. Everton yesterday showed every attribute that we are lacking.

Most top teams identify their best players and build the team around them. We aren't, it's not the Yaya's Silva, Sergio and Vinnies, its the way the team is set out that isn't getting the best out of them thats the problem! The rigid tactically inept version of 4-4-2 that we are playing won't work.

Chippy_boy said:
The worrying thing is that a poor to average manager like Mark Hughes has managed to get Stoke playing like that for 90 minutes. Whereas to a large degree, that same manager, then Mancini and now Pellegrini as well (so far) have failed to get the same ethos instilled into some of our players. The common denominator here is not the managers, it is the players. I am starting to wonder if paying over the odds in transfers and wages - which we had to do in order to attract talented players to City - is at the root of the problem. It cannot be right that we played with pace, passion and commitment for the last 5 minutes yesterday, but didn't bother for the other 90 minutes.

I disagree with this. We lost 1 game at home in two seasons under Mancini. We lost 11 games to ManU's 9 in the same time period. We become a team that was difficult to beat to one where people parked the bus and hoped they didn't get spanked. Hell teams like Stoke turned up beaten before they arrived at our place. Even last season with a man down and goal down we fought back to win games and that was away from home. We won the title and have averaged 80 points a season for the last 3 seasons. Its a fallacy that any team can achieve this and be devoid of commitment or hard work or even passion. The team you describe wouldn't have got close.

Watched via a stream at home. I dunno whether to give Stoke a lot of credit or not but we seemed more slow and ponderous than we ever were under Mancini. We seem to have regressed defensively and were overrun in midfield. Stoke should have run out easy winners and we escaped with 1 point more than we deserved.

Still, it's only 4 games in so I'm still stood square behind Pellegrini and back him to get it right. However with the game against the shite coming up, I am bracing myself for the worst because they will not miss the 3 or 4 golden opportunities we seem to be currently presenting every team we play against.

The team Pellegrini inherited did not need much tweaking - particularly defence - not sure what is happening at the moment, but I don't like it. Still, I'm backing Manuel to get it right.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
hallstreetblue said:

Is that right mate???
That's worse then, because you should have learned from experience that morale, continuity and your best players are vital to a team's health

It's Derby week, and the start of the Champions League. We have had a very difficult start to the new season with injuries hitting our defence very very hard (we'd be top without them.) Now we need the supporters on side. There's every reason to be hopeful now with so many players due back.

Back in Div 2 we could not have dreamt of City in the top 4, and embarking on another Champions League campaign.

I'd prefer to go into it with the team in good form, but maybe we've had our bad spell? be positive man. if I can be, you can be too :-)

VOOMER said:
dtc78 said:

Most top teams identify their best players and build the team around them. We aren't, it's not the Yaya's Silva, Sergio and Vinnies, its the way the team is set out that isn't getting the best out of them thats the problem! The rigid tactically inept version of 4-4-2 that we are playing won't work.

But three of the four you mention didn't start yesterday.

Whilst I agree it was a poor performance, the fact is we were missing arguably our two most influential players - Vinnie and Merlin - through injury.

You can't build a team around players if they're out injured.

Marvin said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
hallstreetblue said:

Is that right mate???
That's worse then, because you should have learned from experience that morale, continuity and your best players are vital to a team's health

It's Derby week, and the start of the Champions League. We have had a very difficult start to the new season with injuries hitting our defence very very hard (we'd be top without them.) Now we need the supporters on side. There's every reason to be hopeful now with so many players due back.

Back in Div 2 we could not have dreamt of City in the top 4, and embarking on another Champions League campaign.

I'd prefer to go into it with the team in good form, but maybe we've had our bad spell? be positive man. if I can be, you can be too :-)

Can I have some of your happy pills please mate?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.